With the right 2-in-1 laptop, you can get the best of both worlds – the convenience and portability of a tablet and the performance and functionality of a laptop. These mini gadgets will allow you to watch media on a high-quality screen, write, read, and edit your files with ease, and at the same time, save a lot of space in your packs, making your trips lightweight and breezy.
However, they had a slow start. Only a couple of years ago, there were not many options to choose from. However, with the fast advancement of technology, the low-powered processors have made these hybrids flourish and rise into a superb sub-category in the world of laptops.
A Complete Guide to Selecting the Best Budget 2-in-1 Laptops
Today, there is a wide array of different pickings, and you may find it daunting to go ahead and buy the one for you. But, no worries – with our hand-picked list of best-rated 2-in-1s and the buyer’s guide, you will be able to narrow down your preference and choose the one that best fits your needs.
1. RCA Delta Pro 11.6-inch 2-in-1 Laptop
With this versatile mini laptop, you’re getting the best of both worlds for only $139.99. You can use RCA Delta Pro as either a laptop or notebook/tablet by easily detaching the keyboard. You can dock your tablet back to the keyboard with ease in many different angles and modes to suit your preference and intended use. This beauty is available in a variety of colors, including charcoal, blue, pink, and purple.
It features the impressive 1.4GHz quad-core processor with plenty of power to quickly go through and run your applications and tasks. Its amazingly clear 11.6-inch high-definition screen and the battery life of up to six hours allow for enjoying your favorite movies and TV shows even on the go.
It also features built-in 2GB of RAM, micro SD, front and rear camera, full USB as well as micro USB ports, rechargeable battery, and Bluetooth.
With the operating system Android 9.0 Pie and pre-installed apps, this 2-in-1 is suitable for both work and play and helps you stay efficient. It comes with an AC adapter and free travel keyboard.
2. Simbans TangoTab 10-Inch 2-in-1 Laptop
This premium 10-inch tablet comes with a first-class detachable keyboard, pre-applied screen protector, universal power adapter as well as pre-installed office apps, such as Microsoft Word, WPS, and MS Excel. Simbans TangoTab 2-in-1 represents a worry-free purchase for only $169.96, coming with a one-year warranty.
Its powerful and superior MediaTek quad-core processor boosts speed and promotes the multitasking properties of the device. Providing all the connectivity options you might want and need, such as GPS, micro USB, and Bluetooth, you can connect your gadget to your home network and take the entertainment in any room you want. It also features an HDMI port, allowing you to connect your device to the TV and enjoy your favorite videos on a larger screen.
Its high-resolution screen and the 64GB disk make this tablet perfect for binge-watching Netflix, browsing the Internet without a glitch, and even playing games. The large disk also allows you to download countless apps from the Google Play store.
Whether you plan to use your 2-in-1 for entertainment or work, the Simbans TangoTab is an ideal option that guarantees great performance, functionality, and quality.
3. RCA Viking Pro 10-inch 2-in-1 Laptop
Another great budget 2-in-1 tablet by the trusted RCA. For an amazing price of $109.99, the Viking Pro 10-inch comes with a detachable keyboard that is powered via the tablet. The tablet itself features a built-in camera and a variety of ports, including a micro USB and standard USB port, a micro USD slot, a mini HDMI port, and a 3.5-millimeter headphone jack.
With its 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 32GB Flash Memory, you can multitask efficiently and browse through different apps quickly and smoothly. It comes with the operating system Android 8.1 Go edition and is compatible with the Google Play store.
It’s an excellent device for work because you can quickly navigate the Web, compose your emails and write and edit files. Thanks to its Bluetooth functionality, you can connect and pair your tablet to any Bluetooth compatible device, which can be helpful in giving presentations and hands-free communication.
Download your favorite apps and games, and watch YouTube videos and Netflix without a hick. Thanks to its fantastic battery life of up to six hours, you can take your portable 2-in-1 anywhere you want and enjoy it on-the-go.
4. Dicekoo 10-inch High-Performance 2-in-1 Tablet
This modern and elegantly designed 2-in-1 tablet is a highly functional and performant device for only $119.99. The Dicekoo 2-in-1 Tablet is equipped with the latest version Android operating system, 3GB of RAM, and an energy-saving and powerful 62-bit quad-core processor, enabling the tablet to launch and run the apps smoothly quickly.
Its excellent-quality HD 10-inch display presents the colors vividly and allows for a true-to-life watching experience from any angle, making it perfect for viewing HD movies, reading eBooks from while sitting or lying as well as playing games.
The low-power consumption CPU, together with the large-capacity lithium battery, provides the amazing eight hours of playing, watching, reading, and writing as well as Web surfing and music listening. The tablet also comes with 64GB of on-board memory with an added micro SD card slot, expanding the storage up to 128GB.
Thanks to a great number of useful accessories, this tablet makes for a perfect 2-in-1 laptop. It comes with a sturdy but lightweight case, protecting your device from scratches. The folding stand keeps your tablet stable for easy viewing from any angle. For more convenient and versatile operation, it also comes with a stylish and wireless keyboard and mouse as well as a dual-purpose touch screen pen.
Its ultra-thin and lightweight body and detachable accessories make this 2-in-1 easily portable and perfect for travel, school, work, library, and cafe. It’s also a good gift idea for a colleague, a family member, or a friend.
5. RCA Viking Pro 10.1-inch 2-in-1 Laptop
RCA Viking Pro is a tablet with a folio keyboard for the ultimate laptop experience for only $179.00. Once the tablet is securely docked in the keyboard, it recognizes it automatically, allowing for shortcut access and quicker document composition.
It features the efficient Android operating system, the Android Go edition. Other features include a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1280 x 800 resolution display, 1GB DDR of system memory, back and front webcams as well as built-in Bluetooth and WiFi.
Thanks to its IPS HD display, you can enjoy a high-quality picture with more clarity and less glare. With its powerful processor with the added 32GB of internal storage, the optimal user experience is guaranteed.
This tablet-PC is an ultra-portable and compact device ideal for reading and composing emails, Internet surfing, watching video files, listening to music, reading eBooks, playing games, and many more. The bottom line, the RCA Viking Pro provides a perfect combination of functionality and value.
6. RCA Galileo Pro 11.5-inch 2-in-1 Laptop
This tablet, with a detachable keyboard, operates on the Android Marshmallow operating system. By removing the keyboard, the RCA Galileo Pro can be effortlessly transitioned into a stand-alone tablet, and you can dock the tablet back to the keyboard in many different angles and positions for any visual preference.
With its high-definition 11.5-inch screen, you can enjoy an amazingly clear image perfect for watching videos, viewing photos, Web browsing, and playing games. For only $188.00, you can get this beauty in charcoal, blue, or pink, featuring Intel Atom Z3735F quad-core processor, 2MB Cache, 32GB eMMC Hard Drive, 2GB of memory, and a micro SD card slot for additional storage.
Powered by the Intel Atom processor, this 2-in-1 is ready to tackle any task at hand, such as navigating the Web effortlessly and quickly updating your social status as well as composing, reading, and editing your files. It also comes with a pre-installed WPS Office app for quick creating of documents and spreadsheets, making your device suitable for business as well.
With the incredible six hours of battery life, the RCA Galileo Pro is ideal for travel, office, and school.
7. AOYODKG 10-inch 2-in-1 Tablet With Keyboard Case
For the price of $129.99, you’re getting a tablet with five bonus items, including a high-quality detachable keyboard, tablet case, universal power adapter, wireless mouse, and pre-applied screen protector. The AOYODKG 2-in-1 comes in black, blue, gold, and pink.
The super powerful 1.3GHz quad-core processor, combined with 64GB of internal storage and micro SD expandable to 128GB, provides smooth multitasking properties of the tablet as well as running a great number of entertainment apps at the same time. It also supports 2pcs phone card, enabling you to make calls and send messages anytime and anywhere, even without the WiFi.
The 10-inch 800×1280 IPS display allows for a great viewing experience at any angle, ideal for watching HD movies and videos, reading eBooks, playing games, and Web surfing. The built-in rechargeable battery of huge capacity allows for six to eight hours of use, making it perfect for on-the-go.
For the guaranteed customer satisfaction, this hybrid laptop/tablet comes with a one-year warranty and 24/7 customer support service.
8. Acer Chromebook 2-in-1
You can get this laptop-turned-tablet for the incredible price of $224.99, including shipping. The 360-degree rotation hinges allow for four different modes to choose from. This Chromebook by Acer can also be flipped all the way back and used as a tablet.
With the powerful quad-core processor and twelve hours of battery life, this 2-in-1 can multitask and run multiple apps smoothly all day long with only one charge. Thanks to its Full HD 11.6-inch screen, you can enjoy a crystal clear image and watch your favorite movies and videos with perfect resolution.
The 360-degree hinge mechanism provides a perfect combination of stability and flexibility, and it allows you to open the lid effortlessly and enjoy a touch experience as well. You can fold the screen backward for easier creating and sharing of the content, use it in notebook mode for optimized productivity, as well as tablet mode.
It features a fan-free design, making it super thin, light, and portable, but it also keeps it extremely silent and dust-free. Thanks to the two sets of speakers, this notebook detects the mode it’s in and sets the sound accordingly.
9. GOWINTECH 2-in-1 With Wireless Keyboard
Equipped with the latest version of the Android operating system, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of ROM, and a 1.25GHz quad-core CPU, this 2-in-1 can run and download apps fast and smoothly. With a wireless keyboard and pen, you can switch your device to laptop and studio mode, by opening and adjusting its cover.
Featuring a long-lasting battery and multi-connection system, this hybrid allows for eight hours of on-the-go use as well as easy connectivity via WiFi, sim card, or Bluetooth. It also features excellent-quality front and rear cameras, making it suitable for shooting videos or taking photos.
For the price of $125.99, you’re getting all of the features mentioned above plus reliable tech support and customer service.
Buyer’s Guide to Help You Make The Right Choice
There are many reasons you should go for a hybrid device and choose 2-in-1 instead of a standard laptop. These gadgets are cheaper, more flexible, and portable, and, most importantly, you will fewer gadgets to worry about. In terms of functionality and performance level, they are getting more and more powerful and almost identical to a full-on laptop.
However, if you’re on the market, looking for an upgrade, there are several factors you should take into account before making a final purchasing decision:
Factor #1 Pick the right size
When shopping for a new 2-in-1, the first step should be determining the size of your device. If you’re a student or someone who travels a lot and want something you can easily pack and carry around, you might want your new hybrid to be smaller, more compact, and lightweight.
On the other hand, if you plan to use it for work and giving presentations or simply want to watch HD movies on your tablet, you should target a device with a slightly better and bigger display.
The best on-the-go and budget types are 2-in-1s with displays that range from 10 to 11 inches. Other all-purpose hybrids that spend most of their lifetime at home on the desk would be slightly bigger (11 to 13 inches), and probably on the more expensive side.
Factor #2 Do you want a rotating or detachable hinge?
Typically, 2-in-1s come in two different designs – either bendable/rotating or detachable. If you don’t need a lot of typing and you prefer that touch-base and tablet-like experience, the detachable type is the one you should go for. These models usually come with separate keyboards with magnets, allowing you to stash the keyboard away when you don’t need it and save a lot of space and weight or easily reconnect it again whenever required.
In addition to being completely removable, these detachable keyboards can usually bend and fold at any angle and become stands or protective covers for tablets.
On another note, if you plan to type a lot and need a touchpad to navigate the user interface, you might want to opt for 2-in1s with rotating cases or keyboards. These hybrids usually have hinges that can be rotated in 360 degrees, enabling you to use your device in tablet mode as well as presentation and tent modes.
Factor #3 What kind of specs do you need?
When purchasing a new 2-in-1, you should consider what kind of processor and storage you might need. The majority of mid-range models that provide a great balance between performance and price have Core i3 and i5 CPUs. These devices provide good productivity in most scenarios and can serve well for some casual gaming.
There are other budget hybrids with Atom and Intel Celeron CPUs that are ideal for watching Netflix, Web browsing, as well as composing and answering emails.
When it comes to storage, go for a traditional hard disk as it’s usually less expensive. Besides, many budget 2-in-1s feature eMMC flash storage or embedded multimedia card for additional but cost-effective storage.
Factor #4 Go for a good-quality screen resolution
The more affordable 2-in-1s usually have 1366 x 768-pixel screens, but we would recommend not to skim on resolution and opt for sharper full-HD displays. With a bit better resolution, you will be able to enjoy a good-quality image and have a more true-to-life experience.
For video and photo editing, you might need an even bigger resolution. Still, these models are usually more expensive, and the bigger the resolution, the more power it will suck up.
To Wrap Up
As you increase in specs and size, the prices tend to go up as well. The majority of low-cost hybrids of up to $200 will have noticeably shorter battery life and a bit weaker performance. However, there are a lot of great models on the market that offer different specs and decent performance and functionality for a variety of tasks. We’re certain that you can find an ideal device within a $200-budget with the help of our top-rated list and the buyer’s guide.
Q: Is it worth getting a 2-in-1 laptop?
A: Depending on how much you’re willing to spend, you can find some great 2-in-1s without sacrificing on specs. Moreover, as the price difference between traditional laptops and 2-in-1 has shrunk to less than $50, there is no real reason why you shouldn’t get a 2-in-1 and enjoy all of its benefits and perks. It’s definitely worth it since you’ll be getting great flexibility and functionality without having to spend on two separate devices, a tablet and a laptop.
Furthermore, they are lightweight, portable, have a touchscreen option, and rotating hinges. For watching movies, office work, surfing the Internet, and many others, 2-in-1 laptops are ideal.
Q: What is the difference between a touch screen laptop and a 2-in-1 laptop?
A: Laptops with touchscreen are similar to regular laptops and feature a keyboard that cannot be detached, but have screens that are enabled for touch. On the other hand, 2-in-1 convertible laptops are hybrids with hinged or detachable keyboards. When the keyboard or case is removed, you can use them in tablet mode, and the keyboard is inactive.
Q: What is the best brand of laptop?
A: The most trusted laptop brands of 2023 include Apple, Dell, HP, ASUS, Lenovo, and Acer. However, when it comes to budget 2-in-1 hybrids, the models by RCA are the best and most versatile.
Q: Which laptop lasts the longest?
A: The most durable laptop is the one with a body designed to withstand some serious drops, extreme temperatures, and significant amounts of dirt and dust. However, a laptop is only as good as its battery. The best are large-capacity lithium-ion batteries that can be found in most notebooks and handhelds.
Q: Can a laptop last 10 years?
A: Technically, your laptop can function very well for up to ten years. You might have to replace the battery or change the drive, but other than that, if you handle your laptop carefully, it can last you for many years. The lifespan of some better-quality units can even be between fifteen to twenty years.
Q: Windows Laptop or Chromebook: What should you buy under $200?
A: In our opinion, Windows laptops are better than Chromebooks because they are more versatile. A Windows laptop can handle a variety of uses, and it allows you to run applications and download software from many different sources. The Chromebook system is more of a closed platform where access to the non-approved apps may be restricted.
Q: Laptop VS Tablet?
A: If you need a device that is portable and suitable for some casual activities, such as Web browsing, watching videos, or playing games, a tablet is the one to go for. Laptops are better for more complex activities and tasks as they have more powerful CPUs and feature-rich programs that are usually not available on tablets.
Find everything you need to know about 2-in-1 laptops before buying one in the following video:
Here are the bestselling models available on Amazon:
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 pounds and is only 0.82" thick. It's soft and comfortable to the touch, with a durable paint that creates a better user experience....
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 laptop to be comfortable, fun, and easy to use. It's also great to look at, with 4-side narrow bezels
- The 360⁰ hinge lets you use your 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop in whatever mode works best for you; Use it in 'Laptop' mode for everyday computing, 'Tent' mode for sharing things, 'Stand' mode for...
- Enjoy up to 10 hours of battery life, plus quick charge to 80% in just 1 hour
- Powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, you have the performance to do more, from anywhere. With more cores, you'll experience responsiveness that leaps into action for...
- The 300e's 360° hinge lets you stand or tent the laptop on a desk, or you can swivel the display all the way around for tablet use. Pencil Touch Technology is designed to allow students to interact...
- 11.6” HD (1366x768) IPS, 250nit, touchscreen display, light, portable, rugged and productive. The 300e Gen 2 Winbook is powered for teaching and durable for the classroom The drop-resistant design...
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, Storage: 64GB eMMC. 2.89 lbs and up to 10 hours battery life. Intel Celeron N4120 Processor (4 cores 4 threads, base clock speed 1.1GHz, max turbo to 2.6GHz, 4MB L3 Cache);...
- 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (power delivery, data transfer), 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x Combo mic/audio jack, 1 x MicroSD card reader
- Windows 10 Pro Education, Ideal for Student, Home, Professionals, Small Business, and School Education
- 14.0-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) WVA LED-Backlit Convertible Touchscreen
- 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.2 GHz)
- 12GB 3200MHz DDR4 , 256 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 2x2 (Gig+) + Bluetooth 5.0
- Engineered with narrow bezels on four sides, the 15 inch IdeaPad Flex 5 (5i) looks stylish and contemporary. The 360 degree hinge allows 'Laptop' mode for everyday computing, 'Tent' mode for sharing...
- 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 Memory; 512GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD; AMD Ryzen 5000 series R7 5700U (8 cores 16 threads, base clock speed 1.8GHz, max turbo to 4.3GHz, 8MB L3 Cache)
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, Glossy, Touchscreen, 250 nits; Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics - Expandable to one monitor via HDMI. Max resolution of the External Monitors: 4K (3840*2160) @30Hz
- 2 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 (1 Always On), 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (support data transfer, Power Delivery 3.0 and DisplayPort 1.2), 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x 4-in-1 card reader, 1 x Headphone / mic combo; Intel Wi-Fi 6...
- Everything is Original from Lenovo, One-year warranty from Manufacturer. Windows 11 Home 64-bit - ideal for family entertainment, daily productivity, casual gaming, streaming, online class, remote...
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 14 inch Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14-inch screen to fit in the body of a 13-inch...
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit chiclet keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- 【11'' IPS HD 10-point multitouch screen】 1366 x 768 HD resolution. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient LED backlight. Integrated ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. Sleek, stylish, and...
- 【MediaTek MT8183 processor】Multicore processing. Based on ARM Cortex architecture, delivers the multitasking performance you need, the graphics quality you want, and the power efficiency you rely...
- 【4GB LPDDR4X RAM ‖ 192GB Storage】4GB system memory for basic multitasking, Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. 64GB eMMC flash memory+...
- 【Stay connected】Wi-Fi 5 11ac, 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.2; 1x USB 2.0; 1x USB-C 2.0 (support data transfer, Power 2.0, and DisplayPort 1.1a); 1x microSD card reader; 1x Headphone / microphone combo jack...
- 【Chrome OS】Chromebook is a computer for the way the modern world works, with thousands of apps. Enjoy the seamless simplicity that comes with Google Chrome and Android apps, all integrated into...
- Work and play at home, school, or anywhere you go with the outstanding combination of performance, connectivity, and entertainment found in the Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5. Enjoy intelligent performance...
- This 2-in-1 laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen to make it easy to interact with everything on your display. You can also use the Lenovo digital pen (sold separately) to quickly write click or...
- The 13-inch FHD touchscreen display gives you beautiful visuals while the narrow bezels minimize distractions Plus 2 user-facing stereo speakers keep you immersed in the experience
- Use your Google account to quickly and easily access files videos music documents and more stored on the cloud from anywhere. With up to 10 hours* of battery life you can work from home or on the go
- Connect with the built-in webcam Bluetooth WiFi 2 USB Type-C ports 1 USB Type-A an audio jack and an SD card reader