Using a high-quality CPU cooler is necessary in cases where the CPU is under a heavy load. That said, the same applies if the user prefers to overclock the CPU.
Basically, an adequate cooling system is required for every component to maintain an ideal temperature. Ryzen 5 processors are known for efficiency and durability, especially the 2600 and 2600x models.
To get stable performance and proper cooling, here we have listed some of the best coolers to get in 2022.
Top CPU Coolers For Ryzen 5 2600 & 2600x
1. MSI Core Frozr L – top pick
The MSI Core Frozr L is the best option for those who prefer to use the Ryzen 5 2600x for gaming or any other intensive activity.
This cooler supports every modern CPU socket and comes with an advanced mounting system. With an improved backplate for stability and support, this model is extremely durable.
Airflow Control technology is included for the most efficient cooling of the heat pipes by an optimal airflow direction.
Also, this cooler will remain silent even under the most extreme uses due to the TORX fan technology.
Although there is no need for an additional fan, the dual-fan support feature is useful for the most demanding users.
The Ryzen 5 2600x does not require such an expensive cooler, so this is not the best option for casual users.
2. Cooler Master G200p Rgb – unique design
This is a stylish, low-profile cooler, often used for small form factors and compact DIY projects.
The G200P comes with the RGB ring, which is compatible with every motherboard RGB software, allowing users to achieve the desired look of components. Also, this model includes an RGB controller for color customization and effects.
Due to the low-profile design, 74.5 mm in height and 92mm fan, it works great for every small form factor.
An amazing heat transfer and cooling performance are guaranteed with the Coller Masters custom Heat Column technology.
Compared to the high-end coolers on the market, it might lack some performance, but it is enough if the CPU is not overclocked.
3. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo – best value
This is a well-rounded cooler with enough cooling performance for Ryzen 5 2600x. However, it can be used for more powerful processors.
The Hyper 212 EVO is known for durability since it comes with an aluminum fin structure. Also, this model features 4 direct contact heat pipes to control the heat. That said, the Continous Direct Contact technology is used to lower an extreme amount of heat.
The best thing about this cooler might be the optimized cooling. In other words, it provides an ideal balance between the noise and performance for high and low performance.
Also, to get the proper airflow, the Hyper 212 EVO features a PWM fan with a wave-shaped blade.
As this model is compatible with the AM4 socket, it can be used for new AMD processors.
Overall, it is a well-rounded cooler, suitable for casual and professional users that might consider overclocking.
4. Pure Rock 2 Be Quiet – low noise cooler
The Pure Rock 2 is the best combination of performance and noise control since it is among the most silent coolers on the market.
There are two designs available, the Black and the one with an aluminum finish. Also, the compatible design saves a lot of space for other components.
Without any doubt, silence optimization is the main reason to get this cooler. Pure Rock 2 comes with nine fan blades and Pure Wings 2 to maintain the low noise level.
Since there are four 6mm heat pipes with aluminum caps, the high cooling performance of this model can match any cooler on the market.
This cooler is the perfect option for a gaming PC with an advanced cooling capacity and low noise.
5. Cooler Master Hyper 212
Another great Cooler Master product is the Hyper 212, a well-known cooler for quality and performance.
This cooler looks premium and perfectly fits modern PC builds with the brushed top cover and anodized aluminum finish. Also, the nickel-plated copper base guarantees optimal cooling.
The Silent Driver IC technology is used to reduce the noise featuring the new FP120 fan. An adequate airflow provides great cooling due to de high-quality fan blade design.
Another great thing about this cooler is the 4 heat pipes with direct contact. The heat is transferred evenly to the heatsink, which is required for fast CPU cooling.
Altogether, the Hyper 212 is a great option since there are a few coolers that can match the performance of this model within the price range.
6. Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.b
The new Mugen 5 REV.B is among the best options for AMD processors with the latest updated AM4 platform.
This cooler is compatible with every form factor since it provides enough space and access for the memory slots. It is very easy to mount with an ideal pressure distribution to the CPU.
High performance is achieved with the 6 sintered heat pipes and copper base. That said, the Kaze Flex 120 mm fan is known for low noise while maintaining high airflow. If required, it is available to add an additional fan to increase the cooling.
Although there are a few cheaper options, this cooler is often used for overclocking the CPU.
Those who are looking for a cooler to get the best performance for Ryzen 5 2600x should definitely consider buying the Mugen 5 REV.B.
7. Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo
The Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo might be the best choice for those who need the cooler for a high-end CPU.
This cooler is easy to mount and it comes with a mounting system that is compatible with most Intel and AMD socket. Also, it provides a secure hold to the CPU and it is a lot lighter than most coolers on the market.
With the two BioniX P-fans, the CPU will not overheat even under the most extreme use. These fans provide ideal airflow to reduce the heat.
The heatsink design with 54 cooling fins and direct-touch heat pipes is increasing this cooler’s performance. Additionally, the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo also includes a thermal coating.
Although this cooler works perfectly for the Ryzen 5 2600x, it performs adequately for every gaming CPU.
Buyer’s Guide While Buying a CPU Cooler for Ryzen 5 2600 & 2600x
The CPU cooler might seem simple, but it is important to get the best performance for models like Ryzen 2600 and 2600x. Even though most coolers come with setup manuals, several aspects must be discussed before buying.
Considering that many users tend to upgrade the components from time to time, it is best to get a versatile cooler in most cases. Most coolers support many CPU sockets, but it is not the same for every cooler. The socket support can be found in product specifications and it must be identical to the CPU. That said, if the CPU upgrade is required, the same cooler might not fit the new CPU.
Both casual and more experienced users should try to get a mounting system that is easy to handle without any additional tools. This is especially important for inexperienced users since the cooler mounting can take a lot of time. That said, sometimes, the other components may be damaged due to the bad cooler placement. In every case, contacting the manufacturer and getting professional help might be the best way to avoid the risk of damaging the components.
Although every cooler will include at least some noise while working, some produce a higher noise level than others. It mostly occurs when the cooler is in the high-performance model. Even though a higher noise level does not mean the cooler is not working properly, it might distract some users. Nowadays, the latest models usually include the low-noise feature, but they are more expensive. Those who prefer to have a low noise level should expect a higher price.
Considering that there are different sizes of coolers, it is important to pick the one that will fit the specific case. Mostly the height will be enough to determine if the particular cooler provides enough space for mounting and other components. Also, picking a smaller cooler is usually a bad option since it won’t provide enough performance to cool a CPU.
In most cases, the quality and number of fans will determine how well the cooler is performing. Modern coolers include at least two fans, which is more than enough for most users. Also, every fan comes with limited minimal and maximal rotations per minute. To find the perfect fan, the user must consider the requirements of the cooling system. Getting a fan with 1000 rpm is good for casual use, but it is necessary to have at least 1500 rpm for demanding tasks.
The cooler with a higher number of heat pipes will perform better in every case. Most coolers include at least four heat pipes and that is enough for casual use. On the other hand, advanced cooling requires at least six heat pipes, mostly recommended for advanced users. In every case, it is best to get a cooler with the highest number of heat pipes. That said, these modern coolers are more expensive, but they provide advanced cooling.
Getting a high-quality cooler will make a huge difference for Ryzen 5 2600x and any other CPU. The information within this article should help the users to find the perfect balance between the price, performance and durability. Since buying a new CPU requires proper cooling to get the best performance, a high-quality cooler is recommended for every user.
Do I need a water cooling for Ryzen 5 2600x?
The simple answer is no. Ryzen 5 2600x offers enough performance for most tasks, but this is not a high-end CPU. The water cooling system is required for the most demanding activities that require a lot more performance than the Ryzen 5 2600x provides. In other words, water cooling can be used for this processor, although there are many cheaper solutions.
Which is the best CPU cooler for Ryzen 5 2600x?
The MSI Core Frozr L is a cooler that provides enough performance to keep the optimal temperature for Ryzen 5 2600x. That said, many coolers come with a similar performance, but this model is among the best for quality and durability. Cheaper coolers might lack some features and probably won’t match the MSI Core Frozr L lifespan.
Can I use the Ryzen 5 2600x without a CPU cooler?
It mostly depends on the user’s activities. Even though the Ryzen 5 2600x is known for efficiency and decent performance, the stock cooler will not be enough for demanding tasks. Playing modern games or overclocking the CPU will require a proper cooler to maintain the ideal temperature. On the other hand, simple tasks will not generate a lot of heat, so an additional cooler might not be necessary.
What can I do if the Ryzen 5 2600 is overheating?
If the Ryzen 5 2600 is overheating, it is usually due to the dated or damaged cooler. In every case, the best thing to do is to get a new cooler with enough performance and proper airflow. There is also an option to remove and clean the cooler since the dust might cause the problem.
Check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Processor motherboard bundle. 6 cores, 12 threads, 3.7GHz Base Clock, 4.6 GHz Max Boost, 65W TDP, unlocked for overclocking, 32 MB GameCache for game performance, DDR4-3200 support,...
- AM4 Sockets Supported, support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards, delivering double the graphics bandwidth. Massive GameCache memory onboard for higher game performance. Leading edge 7-nanometer...
- ASUS ROG Strix B550-F ATX Gaming Motherboard. AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0. The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs. Supports HDMI 2. 1([email protected]) and DisplayPort 1. 2 output,...
- Robust Power Design: 12 plus 2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs. / Optimized Thermal Solution:...
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Cancelling Mic Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action....
- Simple Overall Design: With high quality and white frame and transparent acrylic fan blade which can effectively reflect lights and making the lightning brighter and softer. The appearance is a...
- Five Heatpipes: Five heat pipes with exclusive Direct Contact Technology provide fast heat transfer and maintain the excellent operation of CPU.
- Direct Contact Technology: Direct touching copper base is adopted to fit CPU, as well as improving optimal contact area and thermal conductivity.
- Efficient Cooling: A 120mm fan at 1,700 RPM is ready anytime for the best thermal solution.
- Support Sockets: Intel LGA 1200/1366/1156/1155/1151/1150/775; AMD:AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2
- Colorful Cooling Solution: Illuminate your cooler with the darkStorm m2 RGB LED ring. Equipped with a 120mm fan to improve airflow and enhance CPU cooling performance.
- Aesthetic Design: The design of the cowling not only allows air to be compressed but also flow faster on to the CPU for a larger and faster evacuation of hot air.
- Improved Aluminum Fins: With the improved thickness of anodized black aluminum fins, it can dissipates heat away from the CPU efficiently.
- Compatible with: Intel LGA 1200/1366/1156/1155/1151/1150/775; AMD AM4/AM3+/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2. (NOTE: The mounting bracket in package doesn't fit AMD, if you want to install on the AMD motherboard,...
- Direct contact technology: Direct-touch copper bottom enlarges touching area and provide excellent heat dissipation.
- 3rd Generation Dual Chamber Pump for overall cooling efficiency and performance
- New SickleFlow Refreshed exterior design for improved lighting and fan blades for a quiet airflow performance
- RGB Lighting Signature cooling performance with an RGB design for all of the users wanting lighting effects that are fully customizable
- The larger surface area increased the surface area of the fins on the radiator for better heat dissipation
- Industrial grade seal high: Industrial Grade EPDM material to strengthen the seal for improved longevity and Anti-Leaking
- Precise PWM Control: Dynamically adjust fan speed between 600 RPM to 1,700 RPM with a 120 millimeter Corsair SP Series PWM fan, making it easy to minimize noise or maximize airflow
- 120mm High Density Radiator: Experience lower CPU temperatures with a 120mm high density slim radiator
- LED Illuminated Pump Head: White LED lit pump head adds a touch of brilliance to any system build. Fan Airflow 57.2 CFM. Noise Level 28.3 dBA
- Efficient Cold Plate and Pump: Thermally optimized cold plate and low noise pump design for more efficient, quieter cooling; Radiator Material: Aluminum
- Easy to Install: Modular tool free mounting bracket for quick and easy installation onto all current AM4, LGA 1151 and LGA 2066 socket CPUs
- Design: With a re-designed cap and larger infinity mirror ring LED, the new Kraken X allows for adjusting the orientation of the pump head to fit without affecting the direction of the logo
- Bigger And Brighter: 10% bigger infinitty mirror cap allows for more vivid RGB and a rotating cap accommodates re-orienting the logo no matter the direction the cooler is installed
- Better Control: Full CAM integration allows you to manage your Kraken’s performance with precision
- Incredible Performance: The Aer P radiator fans feature a chamfered intake and fluid dynamic bearing that provides silent operations, durability, and powerful cooling performance
- Simple Installation: Fine nylon mesh sleeves strengthen the rubber tubing, providing durability and protection against mishandling
- Only 37mm total height, ideal for slim HTPC cases and Small Form Factor (SFF) builds
- Compact footprint for 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility on ITX motherboards as well as easy access to near-socket connectors
- Quiet, premium-grade NF-A9x14 fan with Low-Noise Adaptor and automatic speed control via PWM
- Includes award-winning NT-H1 thermal compound and easy-to-install SecuFirm2 mounting system for the AM4 socket of AMD’s Ryzen CPUs and APUs
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for AMD Ryzen CPUs & APUs with moderate heat load (e.g. 5600X, 4750G, 4650G, 3700X, see compatibility list)