The video game industry has significantly grown over the last decade and it keeps growing every day. With so many new professional and casual gamers, the gaming setup became very important.
Aside from the pc performance, gamers also try to get a high-quality keyboard. Gaming keyboards are designed to enhance the user experience for any type of multi-player or a single-player game.
Let’s take a look at some of the best low-budget keyboards for gaming.
Top Picks for 2022
1. Havit Wired Keyboard – Editor’s Pick
This keyboard is completely built from plastic with the basic anti-sliding feet and a standard cable. Considering this is a low-price keyboard, RGB is available, but it does not stand out on this product.
Using this product for a long typing or gaming is not the best option. It is quite good for those who want to play games for about two or three hours a day.
There is not much to get from this keyboard since you won’t get any features or high build quality. On the other hand, some users just want a standard and cheap keyboard for minigames and browsing. If you are one of these users, definitely check this product.
2. Chonchow RGB Compact
Here we have a decent membrane keyboard with nice keys and adjustable rear feet. The RGB is very bright on this keyboard with an led light that can be switched on or off. That said, the position of colors is the same, so you cant change the layout.
Typing feels smooth and some gamers will prefer a low noise while using this product. It is not recommended to use this keyboard for professional gaming. Still, most users find this model sufficient for basic use.
This is really a standard keyboard with no special features. You get a quite durable and reliable keyboard for a reasonable price compared to the most low-budget models.
3. Snopower Keyboard + Mouse
If you need a comfortable keyboard with ultra-bright RGB, Snopower is a great choice. Featuring two RGB modes, one for static and the other one with the breathing effect. It comes with a standard membrane and pretty solid build quality.
Since this is a membrane keyboard, smooth and comfortable typing is guaranteed.
Important to mention, this keyboard comes with a stylish RGB gaming mouse. Considering the price, you get a good starter kit for gaming.
If you are a new gamer, this product is more than enough for every competitive game.
4. Kolmax Gaming Keyboard
Kolmax is one of the best low-budget keyboards for new gamers. The red plastic cover adds to its style along with the standard RGB feature and a numpad. Also, this keyboard has a full RGB panel beneath the keys, unlike most budget products. The only downside is that you can only increase or decrease the brightness of the RGB.
This product comes with great anti-slip pads and stable feet, making it perfect for gaming or any kind of extensive usage. Using this product for any activity is quite nice since the typing is comfortable and produces very low noise.
Considering this is a low-end keyboard, it rates very high compared to most products of a similar price range.
5. NPET K10 Gaming Keyboard
NPET K10 is a highly-rated gaming keyboard that offers an amazing gaming experience for a reasonable price.
There are five anti-slip pads located on the bottom of the keyboard and standard feet for stabilization and elevation.
This product comes with a very bright backlight that can be changed with the LED key and you can use up to three color layouts. It is possible to choose up to three backlight brightness levels in the static mode. Aside from the static mode, you also get a breathing mode, but you cant adjust the brightness level for this mode.
If you prefer a durable and stylish gaming keyboard, you should consider purchasing this model.
6. Redragon K502 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Many gamers prefer a keyboard of proven quality, such as Redragon K502.
With this product, it is possible to choose from seven different backlight colors with a breathing effect and four brightness levels. When it comes to the backlight feature, it might not be the best on the market, but it is pretty decent, considering the product price.
This keyboard comes with twelve multimedia function keys and windows key lock function. You can also change the w, a,s,d to directional keys, which allows you to change functionality.
The keyboard keys are very responsive and silent, so most gamers will prefer a smaller and more practical key design. The back of the keyboard has good build quality with three rubber feet, standard cable and two basic keyboard feet.
If you are a fan of Redragon products, this keyboard might be perfect for your gaming experience.
7. RGB One-Handed Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Depending on the game, sometimes a one-handed keyboard is more suitable for gamers that prefer more comfortability or better key access.
The product has a plastic design with plastic keys, without a double shot key or special build feature. Still, you get a handrest so you can use it for a long time without any discomfort.
The main feature is that it is a mechanical keyboard with blue switches, making this keyboard a lot more responsive. This keyboard also has a standard 35 key layout, including all standard keys needed for gaming and six macro keys for personal preference.
Like most keyboards on the market, this product also includes the RGB feature with five different color modes to choose from. Aside from the standard RGB feature, you also get a breathing and rainbow effect.
Any user or gamer that prefers to use a one-handed keyboard will get a lot out of this product for a reasonable price.
Buyer’s Guide While Buying the Gaming Keyboard in 2022
To buy the best gaming keyboard for your needs, you should keep in mind some of the things before deciding on a specific product. Depending on your gaming experience, getting the most suitable keyboard is not an easy task.
Here are a few factors to consider before buying the product.
Mechanical or Membrane
There is no perfect option for keyboard switches, so it usually depends on personal preference and the game pace.
The mechanical keyboards tend to be more durable and robust, but they are more expensive than membrane keyboards. They are overall more accurate and more responsive, which is quite important for most games.
The only downside might be a higher typing noise that is unavoidable and unchangeable.
If the low-budget keyboard is something you look for, then you should go for the membrane keyboard. It might not be as accurate and responsive as the mechanical, but it is quite enough for most popular games. The membrane keyboard is a lot quieter and it is water-resistant in most cases.
Some gamers might not prefer the basic keycaps. It is important to choose carefully because, in some cases, keycaps are not removable. You should look for high build quality to avoid the wear down of a key.
If the keys wear down, they will get shiny and sometime after extended use, the icons will no longer be visible. Also, the different build of keycaps have a different feel when typing, so try a few keyboards before purchasing.
Choosing the correct keyboard size depends on the daily use of the product. If you need a multifunctional keyboard for a job and occasional gaming, you should go for a full-size keyboard.
The full-size keyboard contains about 104 keys, including a num pad on the right side of the keyboard. It might be best to get a tenkeyless keyboard for those who prefer to get a smaller product. Some gamers prefer to have less space between the keys, but in the end, it really comes to personal desire.
Most modern keyboards have backlight features going from the basic to more advanced ones. If you prefer to have some additional effect like the breathing effect, it usually comes with a higher price.
Although having different RGB modes is nice, it should not be the main factor for choosing the right gaming keyboard. Some gamers prefer to play during the night and should pay more attention to the keyboard backlight before the purchase.
There is a huge difference between a regular keyboard and a gaming keyboard. You should always purchase a keyboard that is produced for gamers. With so many options on the market, there are products for every price range and game type.
Every user that needs a good keyboard for gaming can get enough information from multiple sources. Information within this article will help you find the most suitable keyboard for your needs.
Are mechanical keyboards best for gaming?
Most gamers indeed prefer a mechanical keyboard for its accuracy, durability and high responsiveness. Suppose you like playing a high-paced multi-player game.
In that case, it is recommended to go for a mechanical option since it will be used a lot more than playing a single-player RPG. Still, many gamers use membrane keyboards. It is best to try both membrane and mechanical to find the best keyboard for your gaming experience.
Should I buy the keyboard that is used by a professional gamer?
Professional gaming requires a high-quality keyboard for a specific competitive game. It is important to know that these keyboards are very expensive and most casual gamers don’t really need such an expensive product. Like every professional gamer, you should also pick a branded product of proven quality.
Anyway, if you want to get the best keyboard for your game, it is a good option to buy a well-known product used by professionals.
Why do I have input lag while playing games?
Using a wireless keyboard can sometimes produce an input lag. Just to be safe, you should always have the newest driver for your keyboard. In some cases, the simplest solution is to disconnect your keyboard and restart your pc. If you can’t find the problem yourself, it is best to contact the manufacturer.
Aside from the wireless keyboards, the wired ones can also have a little lag. Usually, it is due to a damaged cable. In any case, fixing the problem might not be simple, so sometimes it is best to get a new keyboard.
What can I do if one of my keycaps is broken?
After some time, keycaps can break, but there is a simple solution. If one of the basic keycaps fails, you can always switch it with the other keycap. Switching is a temporary solution and you will still miss a keycap.
Also, keycaps can be ordered without the need to purchase a new keyboard. In cases where the switch below the keycap is damaged, you will need to get a new keyboard. To avoid future problems, try to get a keyboard with durable keycaps and strong switches.
Is it worth getting a water-resistant gaming keyboard?
Gaming or not, you should try to get a water-resistant keyboard in every case. If you don’t have a water-resistant keyboard and spill some liquid, it can damage your product. The worst scenario is to spill something while your keyboard is powered on.
Here are some other great pick for you to check out:
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical red switches Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a...
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps...
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing...
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB...
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
- 【Full Size Keyboard,Plug and play with it】104 Keys Full Size Keyboard. Featuring standard keyboard layout with F-keys(function keys ) and number pad. Adjustable stands offers your hands to type in...
- 【Practical & Ergonomic Design】The K1 keyboard is designed with ergonomics,thus you can play with it without fatigue .A great design for your modern office use or playing games.
- 【Colorful LED Backlight】The keyboard has a colorful LED backlight. Even if you use the keyboard in the dark, you can clearly see the keycap’s alphabet clearly(also can be turned off).
- 【Finer-resolution Mouse】: 4 adjustable DPI (800, 1200, 2400, 3200).High speed transmission technology makes it move faster and more accurate.4 preset levels of DPI meet the needs of different...
- 【Reliable Performance & Wide Compability】Waterproof USB2.0 cable, gold-plated interface and anti-interference magnet ring can ensure stable data transmitting. The use of ABS engineering plastics...
- Durable Gaming Keyboard: 104 Key Wired USB Gaming Keyboard with quiet keys for longevity, durability, and responsiveness delivering precise tactile feedback for flawless gaming performance.
- LED Backlighted Keyboard: 4 LED lighting backlit modes, breathing(7-color alternate). 3 Adjustable permanent mixed backlit modes, changeable breathing, or permanent lighting mode. The keycaps offer...
- Ergonomic Splash-Proof Design: The PC Gaming Keyboard has been ergonomically designed to be a superb typing tool for office work as well. You'll love the feel and keystroke accuracy, which leads to...
- Multi-Media & Anti Ghosting: It has 26 conflict-free, 13 multi-media key combinations. Comes with a full numeric keypad for a reliable connection and ultimate gaming performance.
- Widely Compatible: Automatically enter sleeping mode 10 minutes without operation and backlights off. Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Mac OS, etc....
- Backlighting on keyboard,please note that the backlit can not support the Mac os and Linux OS system.
- Professional Mechanical feeling backlit gaming keyboard for gaming and office ,not the real mechanical keyboard,,but it worth more.
- Support Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.PC Laptop Pad Google Android TV Box HTPC IPTV Smart TV Mac IOS Raspberry Pi all version
- Standard 104 Keys,Five-LED mixed color on the button,you can press the backlit button to light up.the keyboard.Size:17.1 x 5.3 x 0.9 in.
- Automatically enter sleeping mode 10 minutes without operation and backlights off, any key press will awaken and backlights on.
- 【Colorfull Rainbow RGB Backlit】: 5 LED light up modes, 8 color variations, static and dynamic lighting. BENGOO USB keyboard is equipped with adjustable light speed (streamer and breathing light...
- 【89 Keys High-Quality Keyboard】: The 89-key keypad design retains the right numeric key operation area, which is more suitable for your usage habits. 25 keys non-conflict and non-slip design...
- 【Multi-Function Knob & Multimedia Keys 】: The knob function of this keyboard is quite unique. It can adjust the volume and backlight conveniently. Fn+Knob: When volume indicator lights up, rotate...
- 【High Comfort and Adaptability】: BENGOO gaming keyboard is ergonomically designed. The 20° overall tilt key surface fits the hand usage habits, two height adjustments, for efficient work and...
- 【Mechanical Feeling】: BENGOO RGB Keyboard has excellent use feeling as its highlight. The 60±15g actuation force and the bounce time of 5ms give a similar feel to a mechanical keyboard. It can...
- Gaming Keyboard and Mouse: 3 colors changeable backlit gaming keyboard with 3 grade adjust brightness and 2 breathing mode, 4 colors circular breathing led gaming mouse, 4 adjustable DPI (1200, 1600,...
- 19 Keys Anti-Ghosting: The latest illuminated gaming keyboard with 104 keys, 19 keys non-conflict keys allows you to press or hold multiple keys simultaneously without fear of missing or unexpected...
- Ergonomic Design: Led keyboard has natural angle tilt, big and arcuated double injection ABS keycaps design, effectively reduce hand fatigue, feel more comfortable. It also fits the kids small hands,...
- Simple and Durable: The keyboard and mouse were easy to install and go, no need for any extra software. Easier plug it into your laptop and the mouse works instantly. Removable keycaps, easy to clean...
- Friendly Reminder: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal. "Risk Free" with free returns & exchanges. 45Days money back! Full 1 year manufacturer's support, 24h friendly service team. The keyboard combo...
- USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo Plus Mouse Pad the Redragon S107 Gaming Essential includes a 104 key RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Feel Gaming Keyboard, a RGB LED Backlit Gaming Mouse and a Large Gaming...
- Ergonomic Redragon Multi Color RGB LED Backlit Computer Gaming Mouse with Breathing Mode. Up to 3200 DPI, 4000FPS, 10G ACC super-fast game engine 6 Buttons Gaming Mouse, 5 buttons of the Mouse are...
- RGB Backlit Mechanical Feel Gaming Keyboard, Redragon LED RGB Keyboard, 7 colors, 6 backlight effects, 4 backlight brightness levels and adjustable breathing speed, the illumination can be completely...
- Ergonomic Designed Keyboard waterproof, with 104 keys, 25 keys without conflict, 11 multimedia keys. WIN key can be disabled for gaming. The Keyboard has great ergonomics and a space saving design...
- Gaming Mouse Pad Large Redragon Mouse Pad for Gaming, Waterproof washable and easy to clean, Silk-processed cloth surface. Advanced multi-layer surface provides thousands of lights reflecting...
- Mechanical blue switch: pressing the switch makes loud click sound, crisp paragraph feeling, excellent input feeling, strong mechanical feeling and long service life, providing precise tactile...
- Refreshingly ice blue light: customize illuminated LED backlit, static and dynamic effects to choose from, supports 21 backlight modes, press Fn + Ins/ Home/ PgUp/ Del/ End/ PgDn/ ScrLK can control...
- Full anti-ghosting Keyboard: all 87 keys are no conflict, allow multiple keys to work simultaneously with high speed for a reliable connection, have 12 multimedia keyboard, great for gamer, typist,...
- Ergonomic mechanical keyboards: double-shot injection non-slip suspension keycap, splash-proof design, durable metal panel enough to protect it from scratch, also firm kickstand feet adjustable typing...
- Extensive Compatibility: MageGee MK-Star mechanical keyboards use USB 2.0 connector making it compatible with Windows (2000, XP, ME, Vista, 7, 8), Linux and Mac, plug and play, no drivers or software...
- 【Rainbow Backlight Keyboard】: Adjustable breath rate and breath pattern illuminated keyboard provides crystal clear, uniform backlight, and a great gaming keyboard atmosphere for the ultimate...
- 【19 Non-Competing Keys】: The non-conflicting design of all keys allows you to press 19 keys simultaneously for a smooth and responsive gaming experience.
- 【Ergonomic and Splash-Proof Design】: WISFOX Keyboard adopts an ergonomically designed keyboard cap and keyboard stand to keep your fingers and wrists in the most comfortable condition. The...
- 【Wired Gaming Keyboard】: Made of premium metal material, enhanced durability. The keycap press adopts laser UV carving technology, the ultra-thin floating keycap design offers pure smooth gaming...
- 【Phone stand design】: Phone slot on the keyboard is suitable for holding smartphones and other devices. It makes your desk more neat and tidy.
- 61-key mini keyboard: Compact 61-key small keyboard, while retaining the commonly used buttons in the game, it gives the right-hand mouse sufficient space for movement and operation, making your...
- Ergonomic design: the design of high and low keys and keycaps, combined with the tilt angle of the keyboard itself, makes the hitting feel better
- Adjustable RGB lighting effects: In addition to the cool RGB, press the multimedia function combination button to adjust the lighting effects of the three monochrome modes. The brightness and the...
- Fashion side engraving technology: a total of 14 buttons adopt side engraving technology, cleverly hiding the multimedia combination keys, making the front of the keyboard more concise and refined
- Game office is compatible: the wired transmission method is more stable, whether it is games or office, it can meet the needs, without installing drivers or any plug-ins, compatible with Windows XP /...