Almost every video game requires a mouse, but the best thing to do is get a proper high-quality gaming mouse. The more popular competitive gaming gets, the higher is the production of gaming mouses for games like FPS.
Whether you play an FPS game or any other game, you will need to do detailed research on the market to get the best product for your budget.
Top Mouses For Gaming
1. Razer DeathAdder Essential Gaming Mouse
Aside from being one of the best products for new gamers, this mouse is very stylish and you can choose between the mercury white and classic black design. The premium ergonomic design provides a comfortable and smooth gaming experience. Also, you get the LED light of a Razer logo on the back.
This product stands out for its build quality and durability. It comes with a standard white cable, five buttons and a side grip on both sides. Compared to the other mouses, this is a little heavier mouse which is not ideal for a quick movement needed in games like Overwatch.
What makes this mouse good for gaming is highly responsive buttons and very accurate movement. This might not be the mouse for professional gaming, but it is a good option for most users.
- Durable mechanical switches
- 5 programmable buttons
- 6400 max DPI
- Ergonomic design
- LED Razer logo
2. Logitech G203 Lightsync
For gamers that want to get a high value from a budget mouse, here we have a Logitech G203.
Most gamers will be amazed by the build quality of this cheap gaming mouse and how well it performs during intensive gaming. There is nothing special to mention about the design of this mouse. It is a classic Logitech shape with the logo at the back of the mouse. Still, it comes with six programmable buttons perfectly placed for comfortable use, along with a basic cable.
Some gamers prefer to have side grips, which is not the case with this product and that might be the only downside. On the other hand, the best thing about this gaming mouse is the option to use up to 8000 DPI, which is quite sufficient for any game. Customizations for this mouse, such as sensitivity, button functions and lighting effects, can be done in G-HUB.
Altogether this is a smaller, low-profile gaming mouse with awesome tracking for any FPS game.
- Customizable color wave
- 8000 max DPI, gaming-grade sensor
- 6 programmable buttons
- Metal spring button tensioning
- Classic shape
3. Pictek Gaming Mouse
Pictek gaming mouse might be the best option for casual users, considering how much flexibility you get from this affordable product.
This mouse is all about customizations and personal preference. Featuring 7 different programmable RGB backlight modes and 5 adjustable DPI values. Whether you are gaming or not, finding the perfect setup guarantees the best user experience.
This gaming mouse also includes a soft-touch plastic and side grip on both sides, which provides a comfortable grip with smooth movement. The build quality of this product is not the highest on the market. Still, this mouse is quite durable compared to most budget gaming mouses.
If you need a customizable and affordable gaming mouse, then you should definitely consider buying this product.
- 7 RGB lighting modes
- Adjustable DPI 500 – 7200 max
- 8 programmable buttons
- Ergonomic symmetric design
- Fingerprint resistant
- Grease resistant
4. Wireless Lightweight Gaming Mouse Honeycomb
Although most traditional mouses are wired, here we have an amazing wireless mouse for gaming.
With the stylish honeycomb design, this mouse rates as one of the lightest wireless mouses on the market. You also have an option to choose from 4 different colors. When it comes to the DPI, you only have 3 options to select 1200, 1800 and 2400. While some users may find these options sufficient for gaming, this is not the perfect mouse to use for fast-paced games.
Also, this mouse comes with a few RGB rainbow backlights presets, controlled by the switch on the bottom of the mouse. Like any other wireless mouse, it is rechargeable with the micro USB cord, which is included. It provides plenty of gaming time since it has an 800 mAh battery that can last for days when fully charged. This mouse is designed with 2.4 GHz wireless transmission technology for a fast and stable connection.
While this product is not the best for fast-paced games, it offers more than enough for most casual gamers.
- 2.4 GHz wireless technology
- Rainbow RGB backlight
- 3 adjustable DPI
- Honeycomb design
5. AJAZZ AJ52 Watcher RGB Gaming Mouse
Here we have a gaming mouse with a strong plastic design available in 7 different colors. Considering the price of this product, it is quite durable. Aside from the body, the cable is also protected by a plastic cover. Some gamers prefer a little heavier gaming mouse which is why this product is popular among many users.
This mouse can handle any request since you can go from 200 to 4800 max DPI, so it is a well-rounded device. You also get 7 different RGB LED backlights that correspond to the chosen DPI level. Aside from the RGB and DPI, this product comes with 7 programmable buttons for personal preference.
Suppose you prefer to have a compatible and well-rounded gaming mouse. In that case, the AJAZZ AJ52 is the perfect option for everyday use.
- 7 programmable buttons
- 7 RGB LED backlights
- Broad compatibility
- Unique side design
- 7 adjustable DPI levels 4800 max
6. Redragon M601 RGB Gaming Mouse
One of the highest-rated gaming mouses on the market, the Redragon M601 is the best option for gamers who don’t like to do much research.
This mouse comes with 7 programmable buttons and 5 different DPI levels, going to 7200 max DPI. Also, you get 10 lighting effects within the software, which is quite surprising for a budget mouse. You can even adjust the weight of the mouse with the 8 removable pieces.
There is no mistake when it comes to the design of this product. It is stylish, comfortable and has a smooth movement for any fast-paced game. The cable is braided, which is quite nice since it is more durable than most cables used on budget mouses.
Compared to the best gaming mouses on the market, you won’t get the same experience. Still, for a small price, it offers more than enough for any popular game.
- 5 DPI levels 7200 max
- 7 programmable buttons
- Adjustable weight
- Custom backlight modes
- High-precision sensor
- Advanced gaming software
7. Logitech G300s Optical Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse
To begin with, this Logitech G300s is best known for its high-end performance, easy configurations, and optical sensors. It comes with a sleek and modern black design with nine programmable control keys that offer high gaming efficiency.
Thereby, these keys can be used with keyboard commands and help the user with easy operations. Similarly, the performance efficiency is one of the most remarkable features of this mouse. This gaming-grade optical sensor is specifically designed for heavy gamers that offer accurate traction on a variety of surfaces without any lagging.
Lastly, it includes an easy configuration software that allows you to set up the commands and keys the way you want perfectly. Consequently, the mouse itself comes in a compact size and is perfectly suitable and convenient for left-handers and right-handers alike. The design has a small G logo with comfortable keys that makes it famous among users. Finally, the response factor is absolutely serviceable with a gaming-grade optical sensor.
8. CORSAIR HARPOON – RGB Gaming Mouse
Firstly, this Corsair Harppoon is one of the best gaming mouse under $30 2023 with its RGB technology, highly accurate sensor, easy configuration, and convenient DPI settings. Initially, it comes with an all-black design with a contoured body that offers an easy grip. Therefore, it provides high gaming efficiency with a natural fit that can help you with stability and support during long hours.
Secondly, talking about the traction, it includes a 6000 DPI gaming optical sensor that offers a highly accurate response on a variety of surfaces. Coupled with this, it also includes an onboard memory store that can help you with the DPI settings the way you want. Thereby, it is highly compatible with the Xbox One for mouse-enabled games.
Last but not least, talking about the gaming efficiency, this model comes with six programmable keys with a rubber textured grip that makes it highly comfortable for users.
Likewise, with the easy configuration software, you can customize the commands and keys performance conveniently. Overall, it is a high-end premium mouse with RGB light that can help you in gaming within a limited budget.
In essence, this Corsair Harpoon is an excellent mouse within a limited budget having high efficiency, perfect response, and an easy grip. It comes with a black design and RGB light coupled with the rubber-textured keys and easy configuration that makes it a remarkable option out there. Finally, the highly accurate gaming optical sensor makes it famous among users.
9. HyperX Pulsefire Core – RGB Gaming Mouse
Initially, this HyperX Core is best known for its high customization value, gaming efficiency, and convenient operations within a reasonable price. It comes with a black contoured design and a natural fit that offers a comfortable palm and claw grip.
It also offers high durability and portability with wireless connectivity. Additionally, the design comes with a Pixart 3327 optical sensor that offers highly accurate and precise response and traction on a variety of surfaces. This optical sensor has the ability to deliver up to 6200 native DPI settings sufficient to provide gaming efficiency. Coupled with this, it is a relatively larger design that might be a consideration for some people.
Last but not least, the device includes seven programmable buttons with a highly easy configuration method. This configuration is done through the HyperX NGenuity software that provides a high value of customization and personalization. Therefore, you can set the key commands and tasks the way you want according to gaming methods.
Finally, this HyperX Pulsefire is a great choice for anyone looking for a pocket-friendly mouse with high efficiency and perfect customization. It comes with easy configuration software and a highly precise response that accommodates the users in an effective manner. Lastly, the high portability, high customization, and easy-grip design make it stand among others.
10. Redragon M719 Invader Wired Optical Gaming Mouse
First of all, this Redragon M719 is a highly suitable gaming mouse with high-performance efficiency, convenient operations, and personalized RGB backlit technology. It comes with a black design with a natural fit that makes it highly convenient and comfortable for users.
The design also includes seven programmable keys with high gaming efficiency and enhanced productivity. Likewise, the M719 comes with an optical sensor that offers five different DPI level settings that makes it highly superior in functions and productivity.
Therefore, with these settings, the model helps the users with high response and precise traction ability. It also includes software that offers easy configuration methods, so you can easily set the commands the way you want.
In the end, the Redragon includes an RGB backlight with five different effects that offer high levels of customization and personalization. It is also highly compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chrome OS without any lagging. Last but not least, its high polling ratings ensure smooth working and fast movement without any jerk.
Finally, this Redragon M719 Invader is one of the best gaming mouse under $30 2023 with extreme efficiency, high dpi settings, easy configuration software, and convenient operations. It comes with five different levels of DPI settings and an incredible optical sensor that ensures high gaming efficiency and accurate traction. Lastly, the RGB light effects and personalized software make it stand among others.
11. HXMJ Rechargeable Wireless Honeycomb Mouse
To begin with, this HXMJ mouse is best known for its honeycomb design, gaming efficiency, and rechargeable function. Therefore, it comes with an ultra-lightweight design and a natural fit that makes it famous among gamers and adds points to its portability.
Coupled with this, this honeycomb design offers high durability and long-lasting usage. Similarly, the design includes RGB backlit effects and an optic sensor with dpi adjustments that can help you with personalization and an accurate response system.
Hence, this sensor has the ability to adjust up to 3200 dpi with perfectly precise and accurate traction ability. Additionally, it comes with six different light modes that can be adjusted according to your own preference.
Last but not the least, this Honeycomb design comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that ensures high safety and long-lasting usage. Talking about the compatibility, this device is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Mac, and Vista. Finally, the stable wireless transmission makes it highly safe and secure for users.
In essence, if you are looking for a pocket-friendly gaming mouse with basic features, this HXMJ honeycomb design is one of the best. It comes with RGB effects and an effective optical sensor that helps the user with personalization and accurate traction. Finally, the absolute durability, modern design, high compatibility, and rechargeable battery make it one of the best.
Buyer’s Guide While Buying the Gaming Mouse in 2023
When it comes to durability, it all depends on the game you are playing. For example, intensive, fast-paced shooters will wear down your mouse quite fast. In that case, you should pay more attention to the mouse sensor and cable protection. If you intend to play a lot of FPS, you should invest a bit more into the build quality of the gaming mouse. That said, games like 2d fighting or racing mostly depend on the keyboard and don’t really stress the mouse, which means any product will do the job.
Wired or Wireless
It is a standard to use the wired option since it is the safest bet and performs quite well. Using a cable provides you with a stable connection and more responsive movement.
The best thing about a wireless mouse is that you don’t need to worry about damaging your cable. In most cases, if you damage the cable, the only option is to get a new product since it is not replaceable.
Size and Shape
We all have different hands, so it is important to buy a gaming mouse that is comfortable to use. When it comes to the size, the market offers enough products for any hand size. If you purchase a mouse with inadequate size, it will be more difficult to perform a quick movement.
Also, it is not uncommon to feel a bit of wrist pain after extended use. The best thing to do is to try a few mouses of different sizes to find the perfect fit. That said, the shape of a gaming mouse is also important to have a nice grip and easy access to all mouse buttons. Find a product that feels comfortable to use and you are ready for any type of game.
The budget for a gaming mouse depends on whether you are gaming for fun or deciding to go professional. Casual gaming doesn’t mean you should buy the cheapest mouse. It just means that you can save some money and avoid overpriced premium products. When it comes to professional gaming, it is the opposite. While there is not a perfect gaming mouse, you should always go for a well-known brand in any case. Sometimes casual gaming can turn into a job. In that case, you need to consider a budget before buying a new product.
While reading this article, you will find enough information to help you find the perfect mouse for your favorite game. The market is overflown with gaming mouses. It is impossible to review every product available. Still, a highly rated product is guaranteed to perform well in every game. No matter how often you play games, getting a proper gaming mouse will improve your overall gaming experience.
What DPI should I use for gaming?
The DPI or Dots per inch is a value that determines how sensitive your gaming mouse is. Basically, a higher DPI will result in the faster movement of the cursor, so you can move your cursor a lot faster with a small movement. The bigger value isn’t always better. It depends on the game you are playing. If you need a gaming mouse for an FPS game, you should pay more attention to the DPI since it requires a lot of aiming and accuracy.
When it comes to the ideal value, it comes to personal preference. In any case, you should purchase a mouse that includes at least 3 or 4 values to choose and over time, you will find the perfect one for you.
How to fix left click on my mouse?
Some games include a lot of left-clicking, so it is not rare to lose that functionality. The software error can be easily fixed. The first thing to do is look for the mouse settings on your operating system, check if you have the correct settings and do a quick restart. Also, using the dedicated mouse software can cause some malfunction. You should do the same process for specific software. In cases where your product suffered physical damage, there is not much you can do. The only option is to get a new mouse.
Do I need a mouse pad when gaming?
Gaming or not, a mouse pad can protect your mouse from scratches and dust. Although most mouses will work on a table without using a mouse pad, it is highly recommended to get one. It allows a smoother quick movement and it is easier to keep your product clean. The only thing to consider is the size of the mouse pad. This is not a huge investment and it will improve your gaming experience a lot.
Why does it feel that my mouse is lagging?
The lag can occur due to a bad connection, wrong mouse settings, and dirt on the mouse’s bottom. To get the best connection, you should always try to go for a wired option. Even if you use the wireless mouse, get the newest driver available. Settings can also cause trouble if your DPI is not ideal for your movement while gaming. It is recommended to clean your mouse regularly no matter how often you use it. Aside from the mouse, the lagging can occur due to a bad internet connection, which has nothing to do with your device.
If these weren’t enough, take a look at these gaming mouses from Amazon also:
- 【8000 DPI Game-specific Optical Sensor】: Original factory five DPI levels from 800-2000-4000-6000-8000, however it is adjustable from 250 to 8000 at certain increments. For FPS gamers, you can...
- 【8 Programmable Buttons for Game】: If you play a lot of many types of games, like MMO, FPS and RPG, which makes you need as many buttons as possible on the mouse, this is the one that you are...
- 【8 Programmable Buttons for Work】: This mouse is great for working on spreadsheets, editing, mindless copy/pasting, because its programmable buttons allow for macro programming which improves your...
- 【16 Million Customizable RGB Backlit】: You can personalize the backlight color from the 16.8 million color spectrum, multiple modes with various light effects can reflect you every mood at any...
- 【Ergonomic & Thumb Rest Design】: The mouse measures 4.94x2.39x1.59 inches, the back palm area which fits perfectly into the hand giving much more control over it. The mouse also has the right...
- 【RGB LED BACKLIGHT】Colorful lights will be emitted from the front and back of the mouse and penetrate through the grain of the surface which is made through special processes, to create the...
- 【ULTIMATE HAND FEELING】The most important thing is that you will enjoy using the AJ52 mouse. Design and adjustment again and again, only to pursue the best hand fit. Top-level UV coating technics,...
- 【UNIQUE SIDE DESIGN】Smaller side buttons and unique radian design, streamline modeling, symmetric design on both sides, give full consideration to the feeling of the thumb and the ring finger.
- 【PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE】Adjustable 7 level DPI, Polling Rate 125/250/500/1000Hz, Mouse Sensitivity, Scrolling Speed, Double-click Speed can be changed via software. Support macro editing, and 7...
- 【BROAD COMPATIBILITY & HASSLE-FREE WARRANTY】Plug and play, compatible with Windows 10/8 XP Mac Linux etc. (Note: No program for Mac OS.) We have been committed to providing the best products, and...
- 【Wireless & Wired Dual Modes Gaming mouse】You can switch between 2.4 Ghz mode and wired mode as you want.The rechargeable gaming mouse features a battery life up to 30 hours(lights on),up to 50...
- 【Customizable RGB backlight & Adjustable DPI】UHURU WM-07 wireless rgb mouse is equipped with 5 adjustable DPI levels up to 10000 DPI to meet your need.(Default is 1200/2400/4800/7200/10000).There...
- 【Ergonomic Design with Thumb Rest】The wireless gaming mouse is designed with a thumb rest to help with ergonomics and create a more comfortable user experience. You can firmly grip the gaming...
- 【High-precision Sensor & 1000HZ Polling Rate】The High-speed sensor delivers superb responsiveness and accurate control during gaming.There are 4 adjustable polling rates(125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz,...
- 【Programmable Gaming Mouse】7 buttons can be programmed by UHURU easy-to-program driver.It supports macro editing,which is more useful and intelligent for playing MOBA/ RTS games.You can update the...
- 【Get Away from the Cable】The gaming mouse adopts 2.4GHz transmission technology, providing reliable, precise and long rang connection, up to 50ft. The response is near-instantaneous. Response rate...
- 【Control Your Own Speed at Your Will】5 level DPI by pressing the button below the scroll wheel. (800/1600/3000/5000/10000) You can easily adjust the moving speed, perfect for games and office, and...
- 【7-Color Changeable Backlight】7 different LED light colors that change while in use, offering soothing ambient lighting（NOTE: It will not stay at one color. The led can not be programmed and...
- 【6-Programmable Buttons】The gaming mouse supports macro editing. 6 buttons can be programmed by installing driver software which makes the mouse more intelligent and meets more demands for...
- 【Wide Compatibility】The UHURU wireless gaming mouse is compatible with most systems including Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / XP, Vista 7 / 8, Mac OS and Linux. Fit for PC, Laptop, Computer, Macbook and...
- Top of the Line Sensor -- Ultra accurate E-sports standard 12,000 DPI PixArt PMW3360 sensor to offer you the highest precision, speed, and control. No spinouts. No overcompensating. Just perfect...
- Adjustable -- Easy to adjust to your sensitivity comfort zone: adjustable polling rate at the push of a button from 125Hz / 250Hz / 500Hz/ 1000Hz for a lightspeed 1ms report rate. Dedicated DPI...
- Durable -- World class Omron Switches under the hood to absorb over 20 million clicks.
- Software Available -- Expressive, customizable RGB LED lighting. Optional software is offered so you can adjust lighting effects, colors, DPI settings, or reprogram your buttons. Supports 16.8 million...
- Thoughtful Design -- Comes with 9 programmable buttons for remapping and advanced control over your device. A durable, ridged, rubberized scroll wheel for better grip. An Ergonomic ambidextrous arc...