To own a laptop is almost a necessity in the modern world of today. It does not matter if you are a contractor using that has a 2 in 1 device to show off your floor plans, or a college student who has to have a Chromebook for a class. It cannot be argued that these nifty machines make our lives easier.
However, there are numerous popular and recognized brands that offer countless models and types of laptops. Therefore, the question is how should we know which one should we buy from?
A simple and quick first glance tells us that this question is not at all easy to answer since there are laptops that can do everything you need or do not need. It is even harder to separate them all by brand and find out what advantages they have over others.
With that in mind, the following are the best laptop brands this year, with the best option for each field you might use it in. We hope you find what you are looking for after reading this article!
1. Lenovo – Best Reviewed
Most Popular Model: ThinkPad
Laptops might look like the best machines ever made on paper, however, this can be a big trap if a particular model has poor reviews. When it comes to laptops, good feedback is the best judge of quality to follow when looking for a new device to purchase. This is important because no other brand has better reviews than Lenovo in 2021.
They are more praised than Apple and HP, and they keep high levels of consistency across their products, and this further contributes to the positive reviews.
The ThinkPad line is the flagship and go-to line of their laptops. Anyone who is looking for an excellent and well-rounded laptop should pay attention to the T470 model. It has a sturdy design and quality, while the performances are fast. Even better, it has excellent battery life. Their X1 Carbon also has great reviews across the board, mainly from CNET, PCMag, and LaptopMag. Most talk high about its thin design and battery life.
These two are just some of the examples of many positive reviews Lenovo laptops have had in recent years. It is important to remember that Lenovo has always maintained high levels of consistency, and if this sounds like a good enough guarantee, you should definitely get one of their models.
2. Apple – Best Customer Support
Most Popular Model: MacBook
Modern technology is constantly becoming greater than before, but we still do not have devices that work 100% of the time, and it is best if we accept that we never will have them. This is why good customer support is crucial because it keeps the users happy with their purchases. At the moment, nobody has better customer support services than Apple.
Apple has to invest a lot in their customer support if we take into account the overall quality of their products. This, however, does not mean that the latest 2018 MacBook is of low quality. It is actually the opposite. Still, because Apple products are known for a certain level of quality, the customers expect the same from their dedicated customer support.
Thankfully, Apple has always lived up to these rather high expectations. Their agents respond quickly to any and all questions about the functions or potential difficulties, both on the website and on social media. If you must service your MacBook, take it over to the closest Apple store and they will have it checked out for you. Their actual physical support in the stores in unrivaled.
Furthermore, if you have AppleCare+, any accidental damage like drops and cracks is covered. There are repair fees, but that is much better than paying $2,800 for a brand new MacBook Pro.
Customer support is a crucial factor that most people overlook. The experiences with a company have to be top-notch for them to be successful. While it is true that you hear more about negative experiences than positive ones, the positive ones do exist. And thankfully for Apple and their fans, they have been able to stay on the top of their game. Their customer really appreciates it.
3. Razer – Best for Gaming
Most Popular Model: Blade
If we talk about PC gaming, different names make a huge difference. Of course, companies like Asus do offer their own laptops for this favorite pastime activity, but there is no name as dominant as Razer.
The company was established back in 2005, and they entered the PC gaming industry with their Boomslang mouse. Today, however, Razer peripheral gaming devices are arguably the best ones for your gaming setup. High DPI mousse for fast movement, mechanical keyboards with tons of switches, or a THX surround sound headset, they make and have all.
Except for this, during the last few years, this company expanded into the gaming laptop section with its Razer Blade line. While other gaming laptops rely on bulkier sizes, Razer packs tons of power into the extremely slim bodies of their models.
The 4K version of the Razer Blade Pro 17 is the real deal. It has a GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card and an Intel Core i7 processor, meaning you will run any game on maximum settings for years to come. Since it is also VR ready, you can also get an Oculus Rift or an HTC Vive. Also available is the Razer Blade Stealth for those with smaller budgets. You should remember that the affordable prices for Razer laptops are about $1499.
Razer is still an independent company, and that makes them special. Big brands usually serve their parent companies, for example, Alienware is owned by Dell. Therefore, while they are still amazing gaming machines, they are still Dell laptops. With Razer, every laptop is fully Razer to its core.
4. Asus – Best Body Design
Most Popular Model: VivoBook
Most contemporary laptops of today are extremely well designed and are no longer faulty like before. It does not matter if it is a slim and slick MacBook or a durable Acer Chromebook. No longer are they made of that hard-plastic body like the IBM laptops from the early 2000s. For this year, however, Asus stands at the top when design is concerned.
The more affordable Chromebooks and other laptops of similar design are on one side. These brands like Dell or HP want to save on cost, while Asus does not do that. The VivoBook W202NA is the perfect example. Asus designed it by a combination of plastic and rubber for a more rugged and durable notebook. It can survive multiple hard drops, and therefore serves the purpose of working and staying in one piece instead of being cheap.
The mid-tier and high-end models by Asus really exemplify their master level of design. They are generally slick and almost circular with a brush metal look. Their most visually striking and unique laptops are the ROG (Republic of Gamers) Zephyrus models. They sport a surprisingly thin profile for the amount of power under the hood. Also, the bottom flexes open, which allows the computer to be cooler and quieter.
These little ideas truly highlight the superb laptop design of this company when compared to the others. Others do not have poor designs, but considering Asus and how they make their laptops feel, their design team deserves the highest of praises.
5. Dell – Best at Innovating
Most Popular Model: Inspiron
Innovation drives many to succeed in the tech world, while others try to strive for it. Companies and individuals are constantly looking for the next big thing to make people’s lives even easier. With laptops, no company does this better than Dell.
Considering all the things they do, from supplying Intel Core processors to other companies, to the variety of their products, it should not be a surprise that they want to set the standard in the world of computing.
Dell laptops are one of the biggest sources of innovation, and the XPS 13 is a great example. The newest model of this laptop is the thinnest and lightest ever by the company. It addresses a very common issue with laptops, which is temperature. Dell even adapted some of the materials used with the Mars Rover to create this particular laptop, which means that the heat is no problem for it. Furthermore, the software allows you to text and make calls from the laptop, a nice feature for the professionals using it.
As mentioned before, they are also devoted to gamers with their Alienware. Newer models like the 15 or 17 also get the new control center app that lets the users set the game-by-game adjustments, settings and overclocking. These game profiles are saved in the control center so your laptop will not work too much or too little for particular games, but always just right.
Those are just two of the biggest reasons why Dell is still the best at improving products. We cannot wait to see what they come up with by the end of 2021.
Don’t miss this video:
Check out other models available in the market right now:
- Windows 10NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB dedicated graphics; 9th Gen Intel® Core i7-9750H processor; 15. 6" display; 8GB memory; 512GB solid state drive; Bluetooth; HDMI output; Webcam not included,...
- Google Play Store: The millions of Android apps you know and love on your phone and tablet can now run on your Chrome device without compromising their speed, simplicity or security
- Sleek, responsive design: Keep going comfortably with the backlit keyboard and multi-touch touchpad that supports four finger gestures set in a sleek design for moving from room to room or on the road
- Binge watch while you work: Equipped with an Intel(R) processor, 14" display, stereo speakers tuned by audio experts at B&O and a long battery life to get more done while having fun
- Environmentally conscious: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR(R) certified, EPEAT(R) Silver registered Chromebook
- Dual-core Intel(R) processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000, Dual-Core, 1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
- Powerful Inside: Powerful and efficient Intel Dual Core Gmini lake N4000 Processor base frequency is 1.1GHz and burst frequency is 2.6Ghz, thanks to the 14-nm process technology and 5W ultra-low power...
- Storage What You Need: 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage helps you run multiple apps seamlessly. With up to 128GB TF expansion provides plenty of room for your documents,photos and videos. A separate M.2 SSD...
- Thinner and Lighter: CHUWI HeroBook laptop weighs only 3.06lb and slims to 0.84 inch, perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing. 14.1 inch Full HD 1920x1080 display provides better view experience...
- Long Battery Life: A monstrous 38Wh polymer lithium-ion battery with ultra-low power interl CPU enables Herobook last over 9 hours. With fast charge technology, you can get longer time for your work...
- 7 Ports Availiable In One: Herobook Pro is equipped with high-speed M.2, USB 3.0, Micro-HD, fast charging DC port, headphone jack, Micro-SD card slot, giving Herobook hassle-free connectivity for...
- 15.6" Full HD LED-backlit (1920 x 1080) Display
- AMD Ryzen 3 3250U 2.60GHz Dual-Core Processor up to 3.50GHz, AMD Radeon Graphics
- 8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. 1TB Hard Disk Drive for ample storage space
- 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader
- Built-in HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone, Stereo Speakers, Wireless-AC + Bluetooth Combo; Windows 10 Home 64-bit