Have you ever thought of going into the virtual world of technology? Or have you already joined the virtual world of animations, but you’re trying hard to make ends meet? Have you ever been confused about how to make a 3D model at the last minute at work? Or, in some cases, your colleagues went lucky because they had better means of making a good 3d model? If you have experienced any one of these situations, it’s obvious that you need a passable device with extraordinary specifications!
I know that by now, you’ve searched a lot on the internet to find a laptop that could help you with your 3d designs. Yes, I understand that you are confused about what you need on your laptop. What features should it have, and what specifications should be included in it. And you are probably wondering how a small task of choosing a laptop could be so confusing. But you don’t need to worry because we are here to help you out.
Laptops for 3d modeling are not ordinary laptops. They are not for ordinary use. In fact, there are a lot of things which should be ascertained. These laptops should have a strong graphic processing unit i.e., GPU and high resolution, to enable the computer to show better images. Having said that, a strong memory is also needed to make things work because 3d design artists need strong softwares like Maya, TinkerCAD, AutoCAD, and 3D Max.
We know that it’s hard to find a laptop with all the required features, and searching for them on the internet is even harder. So here’s a list of all the best laptops for 3d modeling explained in detail with all the specs and features.
1. Asus ROG Zephyrus M
This laptop is known for being a gaming laptop, but its specifications are diverse and can be easily utilized for other uses as well. The best part is that it can easily work with new software due to its memory and system. It has a highly complex system but is easy to operate and has a lot to offer if compared to its price. This laptop is best for installing Maya which is a software used in 3d modeling.
Being a gaming laptop, it has a stylish design with a high-resolution screen, which shows everything very clearly. It is very handy, and you can carry it to your workplaces and gatherings very easily as it is lighter than normal gaming laptops. The laptop has a 15.6-inch screen. It is an IPS LCD screen, which makes it a high-resolution screen with various colors. This is a good news for creators, as they will be able to use a wide range of colors to make 3D models on their laptops.
The laptop has an incredibly high storage capacity and can easily run softwares for 3D modeling like Maya and 3d max. With a 16 GB RAM and high-performance graphics, it is one of the first to have 9th gen core series CPU, making it friendlier for graphics. On the other hand, it also has the Asus’ proprietary ARMOURY CRATE app, which helps connect to other devices and even control them.
- High resolution
- Connects and controls other devices
- Strong memory and storage capacity
- Good design
- Weak battery as it runs only for 4 hours approximately.
Users who want laptops for dual purposes, i.e., gaming and creating graphics, should have this in hand as it is good for entertainment purposes as well as illustrations.
2. Razer Blade 15
Here is yet another laptop you have to consider if you want a laptop for 3d modeling. If you are a person who wants his laptop to work for 6 hours straight, then you definitely need this. Normally, laptops used for graphics can work for 4 hours maximum as it has a lot of software running simultaneously, but this won’t be a problem with razor blade 15.
Here is a fun fact! If you have ever wanted to make 3D designs for buildings and homes, this will be the best choice as it is one of the best laptops which can be used for architectural designs. With a logo that catches your eye like nothing else, these laptops do look royal and luxurious. It has a very thin bezel, which enables you to occupy the entire 15.6-inch screen. It has a very beautifully designed touchpad, which is smooth and easy to use.
The laptop has a very strong GPU as it is from the company NVidia which makes it very strong in visual computing technologies. The screen is an OLED screen instead of LED, which means it is self-illuminating and a highly strong screen with a wider viewing angle.
This laptop has a 512 SSD space, which is not a normal hard drive and has a good amount of space, making it better for installing 3d modeling software rather than using ordinary laptops. It is not an ordinary gaming laptop as you can use it for daily work and, at the same time, make complex graphics. Although its memory is stronger than the normal but professional will find it a little less than the required.
- Very strong battery
- Best display with minimum bezel
- Shows strong colors due to the OLED screen
- Strong visual computing technologies
- Fast operating system
- Less storage capacity for complex work.
- High price
If you are looking for a device with optimal uses and many features, then razer blade 15 will be a very smart choice for you as the laptop has managed to cover all the required qualities minimally.
3. Apple MacBook Pro
When it comes to electronic devices, Apple never fails to disappoint. It has surprised its long term customers by introducing its new Apple MacBook pro. Like all its gadgets, the Apple MacBook pro is not different. With all the significant features of apple, MacBook pro is easy to operate, has a strong battery, and is not restricted to gamers. This makes it one of the best laptops for 3D modeling.
The MacBook has some very unique qualities, which makes it better than other gaming and 3d modeling laptops. It has a Retina display, which means it shows more details and improves viewing experience due to high resolution. It also has an insanely wide screen of 16 inches, which allows you to get a better view of your screen. For instance, if you are into animations, then take a look at best laptops for animation.
The laptop also has a magic keyboard that can work wirelessly with your MacBook, and you will be able to use your laptop from various angles. It is highly lightweight, and even though it is a laptop with complex features, it still works for more than 10 hours.
Like all the laptops, this one also has a 16 GB RAM, but what makes it create a competitive edge is the Intel core i9 processors, which you will get to see for the first time in a laptop. This processor enables your MacBook to have a strong GPU that can process and create strong, complex graphic designs.
- Strong GPU i.e., intel i9 core
- Retina display for high resolution
- Magic keyboard
- The strong battery that can work for 10 hours
- Very high price
- Not easy to repair
Having a considerably high market share and a good brand image, this Apple laptop is definitely worth buying.
4. Gigabyte AERO 15
This laptop is actually a classic professional laptop used by creators, illustrators, and graphic designers. It looks like an average laptop with normal features but has a lot more to tell about itself. The laptop has four different types based on its processor which enables it to have storage capacity at various levels. You can get any of the four based on the amount of storage you need.
This laptop can do wonders with its highly unusual display technology. The 4k AMOLED display is a form of OLED screen which provides a better viewing experience on a 15.6-inch screen. It has an RGB backlit keyboard that changes colors in a variety of patterns on the keys to make them visible, and at the same time, it gives an impression that your laptop is actually being used for 3d modeling and occasionally gaming.
It includes intel’s i7 CPU core, which makes it work effectively. Along with that, these laptops can work for approximately 8 hours, which enough to make things work considering the amount of work 3d designers have to do. The storage capacity is adequate but not extraordinary for a professional laptop. It has a 16 GB RAM and a 6 GB GPU.
- Better display due to 4k AMOLED display
- Backlit keyboard
- Strong battery
- Cools down easily
- Inadequate memory
It is a highly professional laptop used by graphic designers, and trust me; you will not be disappointed either.
Suggested Read: Best Laptops for CAD
5. Acer Predator Helios 300
Have you ever thought about how the cars in a fast and furious roll over each other and get destroyed? Do you think it actually happens? Well, thanks to these laptops, which help makers to design various graphics and videos. Acer predator helios 300, although it is a gaming laptop but has to be one of the topmost electronic devices in 3d modeling. It is considered the best laptop for 3d modeling due to various reasons. Let’s dig into them!
By now, it is pretty clear that gaming laptops have the best systems for 3d modeling. Above all, these laptops have style and can look classy and luxurious. With a screen size of 15.6 inches and backlit keys, it definitely wants to be held in hands. There a turbo button at the top left side of the keyboard, and when you press it, you will overclock the laptop’s Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, which enables your CPU work faster and release heat from the laptop.
It has a 16 GB RAM and has an intel core i7. Its storage capacity is high and can run multiple programs simultaneously without heating up. The display screen has a frequency of 240 Hz which is higher than any normal laptop and perfect for 3d modeling.
Although it can work for only 7 hours and is a bit heavy but the features, this laptop specifications cannot be ignored. Its GPU is strong, which upgrades with time, and you can run various heavy software on it for your graphic designs. So just when you think your laptop is getting slower, you will get a chance to improve it by upgrading it.
- Display of frequency 240 Hz
- Cools easily due to the turbo system
- Works faster
- Upgrades easily
- High storage capacity
- A bit heavy
- Not a strong battery
This laptop can do wonders even if you are using it roughly. It adapts to the user and makes things work. It has a turbo button to release heat, and you can even upgrade it according to your standards.
Guide to Pick the Best Laptops for 3D Modelling
Why do you need these laptops? Is it because you want to make animated cartoons? Is it because you want to be good at making 3d designs to attract your clients? Are you still wonder what you need on a laptop? Well, we know what you are going through! Here is a solution; Before buying a laptop for 3D modeling, you have to determine the main reason why you need it. You might be getting one for the following purposes i.e.
- Architectural designing
- 3D designs at workplaces
There is still a lot that can be included in this list. But after determining why you need it, you have to consider several specifications, which are explained below:
A laptop that is best for 3d modeling should have enough battery such that you can turn it on any time and whenever you need it. Although a laptop for 3d modeling always has to run multiple softwares, so it is obvious that it will not have enough battery-saving features, but it should work for a minimum of 4 hours and not less than that.
3d modeling laptop, which is mainly used for graphic designs, should have a very high resolution as it is one of the main components required for 3d modeling. The normal resolution of the display screen is 1366×768, but these laptops should have 1920×1080.
The design seems like a very secondary component, but it needs consideration. These laptops should be lightweight and have a particular look, which would make you feel like a person who likes 3d modeling. Be it games, animations, or work, 3d modeling laptops should speak for themselves. It should have a 15.6-inch screen with a narrow bezel. And a backlit keyboard would be a cherry on top! The best design is that of the Apple MacBook Pro, which even has a wireless keyboard called a magic keyboard.
The laptop should have a minimum of 16 GB RAM. Below 16 GB will not have efficient performance as a lot of software is installed overtime while using laptops for 3d modeling. In fact, some professionals also demand 32GB laptops.
Between SSD and HDD storage HDD is stronger, so if you want a more advanced laptop, get the one with HDD storage but if your budget is low, then go for SSD storage. The CPU processor can be from any company, but the ones with intel core are the strongest and most preferred. Among these, the intel core should be between i5 and i7.
The graphic processing unit has to be the main and strongest component of a laptop. While looking for a laptop, it has to be checked as it is responsible for aiding CPU with a lot of work required for 3d modeling. It aids your laptop with processing animations, images, and videos. A 3d modeling laptop should have a GPU of Nvidia, specifically NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080, for quick processing.
Computer-aided design is essentially used in 3D modeling. Therefore cad softwares are definitely very important for such laptops. Some of the cad software are TinkerCAD, BlocksCAD, and CATIA.
The operating system of 3D modeling laptops
3D graphics and models are highly complex and need a complex operating system. Therefore, on laptops, the operating system should be Windows 7 or above. In the case of apple, the operating system needs to be OS X Lion, which is already present in MacBook pro.
Although audio is not the most preferred quality for 3d artists, it is used by various gamers and animators. Therefore it should also be considered. Some laptops have very high-quality speakers embedded in them, while others have minimal.
3D modeling laptops should have the ability and potential of being able to connect to various networks and devices like wifi and Bluetooth devices and other nearby devices.
These laptops are used for long terms and should not go outdated after a few years because they have to adapt to new softwares. Therefore they should have the ability to get upgraded when needed.
Before making any decision, you also need to look at your bank account. If you have the ability to pay, then get the laptops with the best features. If not, then consider only those features which are important to you like display screen and storage capacity. The price range should be between $1000 and $3000.
What is the best laptop for 3d modeling?
Asus ROG Zephyrus M is the best laptop for 3d modeling.
Are gaming laptops good for 3d modeling?
Yes, in fact, they perform better than other designer laptops.
Are MacBooks good for 3d modeling?
Yes, Apple MacBook Pro is very good for 3d modeling.
Which laptop is best for Maya?
Asus ROG Zephyrus M is best for Maya software.
Which laptop is best for CAD?
Apple MacBook Pro is best for cad, i.e., Computer-aided design.
Which laptops are best for architects?
Razer Blade 15 is best for architects.
If you need a laptop for 3d modeling, then you should definitely have one of these laptops in your bag. They are highly recommended and used by professional 3D artists. So if your laptop is old and you are looking for a new one, these are the top 5 laptops with high resolution, large screens, high storage capacity, and adequate battery life.
Here are my top 3 recommendations of best laptops for 3D modeling
- Asus ROG Zephyrus M: This laptop is a lightweight gaming laptop and has a high resolution and storage capacity. The best quality of this laptop is that it can connect itself to other devices and control them. It helps 3d artists work together in a coordinated fashion and enable them to work professionally to make the thing work.
- Razer Blade 15: This laptop has an incredibly strong battery, works for a longer time, and has a very fast operating system. It has a vibrant OLED screen display and a narrow bezel. You will love to have your hands on this laptop due to its luxurious strong, and stylish look.
- Apple MacBook Pro: this is not a laptop; it is a style statement with many specifications. The laptop has surprised us by inducing an intel i9 core chip in its CPU. It has the magic keyboard which works wirelessly and has a 16-inch screen. Trust me; this laptop will not disappoint you!
So, if you want to be a 3d artist and you want you to work with creativity, and you want to do it with an excellent laptop. These are the best choices.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Upgraded Configuration This computer has been upgraded to 32GB DDR4 RAM and 1024GB SSD Hard Drive. RAM is upgraded to 32GB DDR4 memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run...
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor, up to 5.0 GHz 10th Gen Intel Core processor-powered systems take a huge leap forward in gaming, streaming and creativity, pushing a smooth, detailed, and vivid...
- 16.1 inch FHD display Make every level mesmerizing with a 144Hz, 16-inch, micro-edge, Full HD display. Along with enhanced Audio by B and O, you can see, do, hear, and play more without carrying more....
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti Graphics Hit the sweet spot of ultimate GeForce gaming and impossibly sleek design with NVIDIA GTX graphics, designed to deliver the gaming performance you need in a thin,...
- Other Features Full-size Island-style Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth 5.0, 3-cell lithium_ion battery, Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS
- 15.6" FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2 x 2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C 1 USB 3.2 Gen1 3 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 720p HD Webcam
- Win10 Multi-language Giant Speakers 3W x 2 6 cell (51Wh) Li-Ion 230W
- 【Powerful Storage】: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory, 512GB Solid State Drive, and 1TB Hard Disk Drive
- 【Lenovo Y540 i7】: The Strong and Fast 9th Generation Intel Core i7 Processors, Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H, 2.60 GHz Base Frequency, up to 4.50 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB Intel...
- 【Lenovo Y540 15 Laptop】 : 15.6 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display I Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 Graphics
- 【External Ports and Slots】: 1 x USB-C, 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 3 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Ethernet, 1 x AC adapter, 1 x Kensington, 1 x headphone/microphone combo jack
- 【Operating System】 : Windows 10 Home (64-bit), Backlit Keyboard, Dolby Atmos, 2 x 2 802.11AC Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.1, 720P HD Webcam, up to 5 Hours battery life, Accessory Including a Delca 32GB...
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5. 0GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design with 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display (240Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 100% sRGB)
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M. 2 Slots | 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades)
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax WiFi 6 | LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | DTS X: Ultra Audio | 4th Gen All-Metal...