Ryzen 3 2200g is a well-known CPU for quality, durability and decent performance. Although it can be used for gaming, the most demanding modern games require a newer CPU with higher performance. That said, Ryzen 5 2200g works great for most users.
Still, it requires a high-quality motherboard to get the optimal performance and enable proper overclocking. Even though this CPU does not need a premium motherboard, it might be the best option for some users.
Here we have listed some of the best motherboards to pair with the Ryzen 3 2200g.
Top Picks for Motherboards for Ryzen
1. ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 – premium pick
An absolute winner when it comes to the top performance is the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero.
With the 5100 MHz of memory speed, this motherboard can handle the most demanding tasks, which is why it is often used for a professional PC build. Al Suite 3’s allows users to find the perfect balance between performance, efficiency and cooling.
This motherboard maintains a proper temperature even under the heaviest loads since it comes with the Fan Xpert 4. When it comes to audio quality, the SupremeFX provides a detailed sound for games or movies.
As with any other premium motherboard, the data transfer is ultra-fast with the two PCIe 4.0 storage and NVMe SSD RAID support.
Without any downside, this is a perfect product for professional users.
2. ASUS TUF B450 – best value
This is a highly-rated motherboard, often used by gamers since it provides great performance and many useful features.
The TUF design of components delivers an ideal amount of power to the CPU along with the long-lasting capacitors. Also, these capacitors have higher temperature tolerance which is very important to maintain proper temperature.
Additionally, the SafeSlot presents a fortifying metal that makes the slots stronger. Built-in RGB LEDs improve the overall look of the motherboard and it allows a little customization.
Like most high-quality motherboards, this model also comes with the Fan Xpert 4 and advanced UEFI BIOS. ASUS TUF B450 might lack some performance compared to the most expensive motherboards on the market.
Still, it performs quite nicely when paired with the Ryzen 3 2200g.
3. GIGABYTE B450M DS3H – top budget pick
Those who are looking for a reliable and durable budget motherboard with a huge variety of ports should definitely consider buying this product.
Even though this is a budget motherboard, it comes with a maximum memory speed of 3600 MHz and a 64 GB maximum capacity. Pairing this motherboard with the Ryzen 3 2200g and decent GPU is a great option for most modern games.
As the anti-sulfur transistors are included along with solid plated power connectors, the durability of this product is very high.
Supporting a total of 7 different RGB options, users can customize available colors to their personal preference. Smart Fan 5 cooling system allows for a slight overclocking without any throttling.
This product is recommended for those who are building their first gaming PC.
4. MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK
The MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK can be used for professional gaming setups or any other premium setup for more experienced users.
Providing a smooth experience for every activity, the 4600 MHz of memory speed is more than enough even for the heaviest workloads.
This product is good for DIY projects due to the SATA and USB friendly locations and various cooling solutions. Another cooling improvement is the new heatsink on the MOSFETs to achieve an ideal power delivery.
Using any ultra-fast storage device is possible with the PCIe 4.0 and USB 3.2 Gen 2.
Tools like GAME MODE, LIVE UPDATE and AMBIENT LINK are all available within the new Dragon Centar software.
5. ASUS ROG Strix B450-F
Combining performance and quality, the ASUS ROG Strix B450-F offers advanced optimization and flexibility.
The premium gaming experience is provided with the Al Suite 3, which enables users to control cooling, stability, efficiency and performance with a user-friendly interface.
Fan Xpert 4 provides proper cooling for every demanding task. The dedicated PWM/DC header for water-cooling setups is also available.
The SupremeFX feature delivers amazing audio quality with a flat frequency response for high-detailed sounds. Those who prefer to get a cyber design will be pleasantly surprised with the ROG Strix heatsink cyber-text pattern.
Altogether this motherboard is a great solution for gaming and most standard users.
6. MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II
This motherboard is well-known for its great build quality and it supports multiple Ryzen processor generations.
The B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II comes with a Click BIOS 5. This BIOS is easy to use and allows access to some advanced system settings. Additionally, it is possible to flash the BIOS with only the PSU connected.
Heatsinks are significantly larger compared to the previous model, which is why the heat is reduced on the VRM. This motherboard features the Audio Boost with a dedicated amplifier and decent audio capacitors to provide a great gaming experience.
High efficiency is also noticeable since the Core Boost provides the precise current output to the CPU. Although the premium PC requires better performance, this is not the premium motherboard.
That said, the price of this product is significantly lower compared to the premium motherboards.
7. MSI ProSeries B450-A Pro Max
B450-A Pro Max is among the best motherboards for graphics performance due to its multi GPU support.
The AMD CrossFire multi GPU technology is the best option for those who prefer to use the AMD graphics cards.
Additionally, the placement of the PCI-E slot guarantees an ideal airflow required for good GPU cooling. Also, the PCI Steel Slots are included to support the heaviest graphics cards.
The 2133 MHz memory speed might not be enough for every user, but the DDR4 Boost improves the RAM performance. Fast transmission is achieved with the optimized memory circuit design.
This motherboard also comes with decent audio quality, although it is not the best. B450-A Pro Max definitely stands out when compared to the similar price range motherboards.
8. GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-DS3H
This motherboard is the perfect option for those who are performing light activities such as web browsing or text editing. With the Gigabyte M.2 solution, the storage performance is adequate, including PCIe and SATA.
GA-AB350M-DS3H features 7 different RGB colors, which allows users to personalize the appearance of the motherboard. Fabric PCB technology is used to reduce the moisture and the amount of space between the fiber weave.
That said, the motherboard is properly protected. Compared to the more expensive products, this model delivers amazing audio quality and realistic sound effects.
The GA-AB350M-DS3H should not be considered when building a top-performance PC, but it works fine for simple use.
Buyer’s Guide While Buying Motherboard for Ryzen 3 2200g
Ryzen 3 2200g is a versatile processor. There are a few factors that should be considered before buying to get the best performance.
Memory slots and speed
When it comes to the RAM memory, the first thing is to check the number of memory slots available.
Motherboards with 2 memory slots might work great for most users, but going for 4 slots is the best thing to do. That said, modern motherboards include 4 memory slots and high memory speed.
Although it is nice to have fast RAM, it is not required in every case.
For example, playing modern games can be smooth even with 2400 MHz. Also, overclocking is possible if needed by using something like an XMP profile.
The maximum memory capacity is the maximum amount of RAM memory that can be attached to the motherboard.
Although simple tasks can run smoothly even with 8 GB of RAM, getting 32 GB is recommended. Even if the 32 GB is not enough, the 64 GB will definitely be enough for almost every user.
It is very important to consider if the specific PC build will include the GPU. Considering that the Ryzen 3 2200g comes with the integrated GPU, it is not required to get the additional GPU. In that case, a motherboard with HDMI and DVI ports is necessary.
The build quality should not be ignored since the motherboard is connected to every PC component. Every user should try to get a motherboard with a modern heatsink on the top of the VRM, which is helpful to maintain proper temperature. Also, the quality of capacitors has a huge impact, especially for heavier loads.
Before buying a motherboard with a proper socket, users must decide between the Intel or AMD processor. As the Ryzen 3 2200 is the AMD processor, it requires a motherboard with an AM4 socket. While choosing a chipset is related to the user’s requirements, the socket must be the AM4 since the Ryzen 3 2200g will not work on other sockets.
Nowadays, all motherboard manufacturers offer great products for every price range. Even if the Ryzen 3 2200g should be replaced, it can be replaced with any other processor with the AM4 socket.
That is the main reason to get a high-quality motherboard that will support more CPU generations. Information provided within this article should help every user find the most suitable motherboard to meet the user’s expectations.
Can I use Ryzen 3 2200g for gaming?
Ryzen 3 2200g is quite sufficient for casual and competitive online gaming. When paired with a decent GPU, this processor will provide enough FPS for every modern competitive game.
That said, professional gaming might require something like the Ryzen 5 3600x for the smoothest gaming experience.
Is 8 GB of RAM enough for Ryzen 3 2200g?
Light use and playing well-optimized games is possible with 8 GB of RAM. Anything like web browsing or text editing will not cause any overload whatsoever. Still, having some reserves is not a bad idea.
Adding a memory card to a free slot is the best solution if an upgrade is required. Other than that, the only available option is to get a new motherboard with additional slots and higher memory capacity.
Which is the best motherboard for Ryzen 3 2200g?
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 is a great motherboard to get maximum performance. Although it is not necessary to get the premium motherboard, it is nice to have premium features. There are also many great options on the market for every price range.
Can I overclock the Ryzen 3 2200g?
The Ryzen 3 2200g can be overclocked and it will provide amazing performance. Before overclocking, it is very important to get a decent cooling system to avoid overheat.
Is GPU required for Ryzen 3 2200g?
As Ryzen 3 2200g comes with the integrated GPU, getting the dedicated GPU is unnecessary. Still, playing any modern game will require at least something like the GTX 1060.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- True 10+3 Phases Digital Power
- Advanced thermal design Enlarged Surface Thermal Heatsinks
- Dual NVMe PCIe 4. 0/3. 0 x4 M. 2
- AMD AM4 Socket: Compatible to Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Extended VRM and PCH heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert utility
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0b([email protected]) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), 2x PCIe 3.0x16 Slot, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C...
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the...
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Turbo M. 2, AMD storemi technology, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2
- Core boost: with premium layout and optimized power design to support more Cores and provide better performance
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 7 Colors/ 7 effects in one click. Synchronize other RGB solutions for customization.ram memory installed size: 64.memory storage capacity: 64
- Powered by AMD Ryzen AM4 7th Generation Athlon and HD 2000 series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M 2 support for 32GB of DDR4 USB 3 0 and Gigabit LAN
- 5x Protection III Hardware-level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- Patent-pending SafeSlot Core fortified PCIe slot prevents damage from heavyweight GPUs
- Fan Xpert delivers advanced fan controls for optimized cooling
- Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio driven by Japanese capacitors features an onboard LED-illuminated design Operating System Support Windows 10
- Supports 11th and 10th Gen Intel Core/Pentium/Celeron processors for LGA 1200 Socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 5333(OC) MHz
- Ready 4 the Future: Support Lightning Gen 4 Solution for the future
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink Design and M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high performance system and non-stop gaming experience
- Turbo M.2: Running at PCI-E Gen3 x4 maximizes performance for NVMe based SSDs
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 12plus2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3plus design keep your system running reliably under heavy load by enhancing passive cooling capacity for critical...
- High-performance Gaming Networking: 2. 5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2. 1(4Kat60HZ) and DisplayPort 1. 2 output, featuring dual M. 2 slots (NVMe SSD)—one with PCIe 4. 0 x4 connectivity, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C port and...