Display screen technology has evolved dramatically over the years, especially in terms of resolution, size, and colour range. At the same time, it has become more compact and sleeker. Nowadays, there’s a growing preference for curved digital LED display screens according to onQ Digital. This is both true for people who are into computer gaming and those who are looking to buy a new widescreen TV for their entertainment setup at home. Curved LED display screens don’t just look really good but they also offer a lot of different advantages over conventional flat screen displays, which is why they are slowly becoming the top preference for majority of consumers nowadays.
Are you currently thinking about buying a new TV for your home cinema or perhaps for your bedroom at home? If one of the items on your list that you’re considering is a curved TV, then you’re in luck because in this post, you’ll know why this innovation is fast becoming a mainstream. And you’ll discover all of the features, benefits, and applications of this technology. So, let’s get right into it.
Curved LED Screen and LED: A Quick Background
Like many other technological innovations, the invention of LED and curved screen has an exciting history. Now, if you’re quite the geeky guy and you’d like to learn as much information about the things you want to buy, then carefully read on.
The Cinerama, the first curved TV screen, was unveiled to the public in 1952. It was the brainchild of Fred Waller, a motion picture engineer who worked for Paramount Studios. The Cinerama became a tourist attraction as people from miles away came to see it.
The tech is based on how human vision works. But it only became a consumer TV trend until more than 50 years after.
LED came more than a decade after the unveiling of The Cinerama. In 1961, Gary Pitman and Robert Biard got a patent for their infrared light-emitting diode, which is known as the first LED. But this was used for Texas Instruments. One year after, Nick Holonyack invented the LED technology that’s visible to the human eye.
Today, the LED and curved screen tech are fully integrated and used for TVs, as well as for computer monitors and display screens for ads.
Why Is It Beneficial to Use Curved LED Display?
Let’s be honest and perhaps practical, you don’t want to just buy a home appliance product for the sole reason of its looks. You also need to take into consideration the different benefits that it can offer you.
The curved digital led display screens have become popular for good reasons. Many tech enthusiasts highlight the following as the best things to expect from this innovation:
- Ergonomic – Curved LED display is designed with the human vision in mind. The human eye can only enjoy optimum POV when looking at something that’s directly in front of it. This is why we tend to see distorted images at the edges when the screen is too big. But for curved screens, the eyes will be able to see clearly the entirely of the screen, minus the distortions. As the screen and centre are now at almost uniform distance, viewers can enjoy less eye strain.
- High Resolution and immersive viewing – Especially for modular curved LED screens, the curvature gives a better sense of depth. Besides, its full colour capacity gives viewers an excellent viewing experience.
- Adaptable – Curved LED screens can be used as advertisement displays that wrap around columns. Modules can also be used to cover almost any size of wall. It can be mounted to a wall or used as a free-standing promotional display.
- Energy-efficient – Like other recent technological innovations, curved digital led display screens are designed with energy-efficiency in mind. This allows owners to maximise their screen even for 24/7 usage. This benefit will allow you to indulge on using your curved TV without necessarily breaking the bank because of increased monthly electric bills.
- Durable – Most LED screens last to more or less 50,000 hours. However, the lifespan could be shorter or longer depending on usage, environment, and maintenance frequency.
When Is It Highly Recommended to Use a Curved LED Display?
Nowadays, curved LED screens are almost everywhere. You can find them on almost every single home appliance store out there. And these are used by various companies and industries for many reasons. The following are the common usage of this technology:
- Ad displays on curved columns and walls – Marketers usually opt to use LED screens to display digital signage because its full colour display effectively catches the attention of passers-by. LED screens could be used inside malls, at offices, or at outdoor areas (e.g., amusement parks, gardens, building facade). Bibi LED has a wide selection of rental screens you can choose from.
- Simulation systems – Large curved LED screens can effectively project parts of mechanical systems in high-resolution view.
- Art Displays – At museums or even in malls, LED screens are used for lighting installation art and interactive lighting exhibits. At times, they are also to display useful information about the different exhibits that are on display.
- Offices – For companies, curved LED screens are also perfect ways to show promotional, multimedia materials about the team to visitors.
The curved LED display screen technology is a big thing for a lot of good reasons. As it’s designed with the human vision in mind, the features of this technology perfectly address the people’s need for better viewing experience. This is also the reason marketers love this technology. It is highly efficient in promoting brands across different environments, be it outdoor or indoor. It also lasts long and can be adjusted to suit the promotional needs of the company.
Ultimately, this is considered a great option for marketing as they can be used to display ads in front of stores especially those that are situated inside shopping malls. Yes, other display materials could be used. But curved LED screen tech has been proven to be a more practical option.