If you’re running an online store, then increasing your conversion rate should be one of your top priorities. After all, it means more sales and more revenue for your business. In this guide, we will discuss the basics of conversion rate optimization and provide tips that will help you increase it for your store. Let’s get started!
What Is a Conversion Rate?
It is the percentage of visitors who take the desired action, such as making a purchase or subscribing to your newsletter. For example, if 100 people visit your store and 10 of them make a purchase, then your conversion rate would be 10%.
Why Is It Important?
It is important because it directly affects your revenue. For example, let’s say that you run an online store that generates $100,000 in revenue per month. If you improve your conversion rate by 1%, then you will make an extra $1,000 each month and if it was increased by 2%, that would be an additional $2,000 in revenue monthly. As you can see, even a small increase can have a big impact on your bottom line.
How To Improve Your Conversion Rate
There are a number of things that you can do to improve it. Here are a few things:
Make Your Site Fast & Responsive
One of the most important things that you can do to improve your conversion rate is to make sure that your site is fast and responsive. Studies have shown that even a 1-second delay in page load time can lead to a 7% decrease in conversions. So, if your site is slow, then you’re likely losing out on a lot of potential sales.
There are a number of ways that you can speed up your site. For starters, you can use a content delivery network (CDN) to deliver your content more quickly. You can also optimize your images and code to make them smaller and easier to load. And, you can make sure that your server is able to handle the traffic that your site is getting.
Make Your Site Easy to Use
There are a few things you can do to make your website more user-friendly and improve its conversion rate.
● Use clear and concise language – Make sure your message is easy to understand. Use images and videos to break up text and make your website more visually appealing.
● Facilitate ease of use – Put important information prominently on your website and make navigation self-explanatory.
● Remove distractions – Don’t include anything on your website that could distract or confuse users. Keep your website focused on its purpose.
● Easy to read – Avoid making your website difficult to read. Use simple fonts and colors that are easy on the eyes.
● Website compatibility – More and more people are using mobile devices to access the internet. Make sure your website looks good and works well on all devices.
In general, you want to make sure your website is easy to use and navigates well so that users can find what they’re looking for and convert into customers or clients.
Offer Free Shipping
This incentive is likely to be appealing to your customers and may lead to more sales. You can either offer it on all orders or set a minimum order amount required to qualify for free shipping.
If you decide to offer this, make sure that your shipping and handling charges are clearly stated on your website. Customers should be aware of any potential additional charges so that there are no surprises at checkout. In addition, be sure to factor in the cost of shipping when setting your prices. Free shipping can eat into your profits if not done correctly.
Show Customer Reviews
One way to improve your conversion rate is by displaying customer reviews on your product pages. Studies have shown that they can have a significant impact on it. In one study, it was shown that they can increase it by up to 18%, while another found that displaying customer reviews increased it by 4.6%.
As you can see, customer reviews can have a significant impact on your conversion rate. It could potentially increase it by a significant amount.
How To Get More Reviews?
If you’re looking for a way to get more reviews, there are a few things you can do:
1. To encourage buyers to leave reviews, you can offer incentives. This could be in the form of discounts, coupons, or free products.
2. You can make it easy for customers to leave reviews by providing links to your review pages on your product pages.
3. After a client buys one of your products, follow up with them and humbly request that they leave an honest review.
All of these things will help you get more customer reviews, which will in turn help improve your conversion rate.
Make the Checkout Process Simple & Straightforward
One of the biggest factors that can affect your conversion rate is the checkout process. If it’s too complicated or takes too long, customers will get frustrated and abandon their carts.
There are a few simple things you can do to streamline the checkout process and make it more user-friendly:
1. Make a concise process – Every extra step you add will decrease your conversion rate.
2. Clear Labeling – Shoppers should never have to guess what they need to do next.
3. Customer Data Pre-fill Forms – This will save time and reduce errors.
4. Multiple Payment Options – Buyers should be able to choose the option that best suits their needs.
5. Simplified Shopping Cart Page – Don’t include unnecessary information or links that could distract clients from completing their purchases.
Use a 3D Product Configurator
If you are in the eCommerce business, then you know that one of the key indicators of success is the conversion rate. The higher this rate, the more successful your business will be. One of the best ways to increase it is to use a 3D product configurator.
A 3D product configurator is a tool that allows your customers to see what your product looks like in real life. This gives them a much better idea of what they are buying, and it also helps to build trust between you and your customer.
If you want to generate more conversions, then using a 3D product configurator is an avenue you should explore.
By following these tips, you can make your store more conversion friendly and boost your revenue. To make it even more accessible, companies like Expivi offer an easy-to-implement way to get you on your way to increased sales.