A freelancer is a person who uses to work as a self-employed and may not commit to any specific long term condition of the employer. But he is responsible for this work and in the case of a freelance writer he has to take all the responsibility of researching, writing, editing, and proofreading the document on his own. That is the reason why a freelance writer needs a variety of software in his day to day activities. With the help of the software, a freelance writer can get the content right and deliver error-free content. Hence such type of software can make the life of a freelance writer easy and simple. A freelance writer can certainly use such software for authoring, publishing, taking a screenshot of the images and software for manipulation, and for doing many other activities. In this article, we have come up with some commonly used software that helps a freelance writer to accomplish error-free work.
Software commonly used for a freelance writer
The following are some of the best tools that every technical writer must-have for ensuring that their work is error-free:
- Microsoft word: Microsoft word is the first tool that every writer needs to use for drafting the content. It is simple, elegant, and comes up with a rich set of features. As per a report, it is found that one technical writer out of seven uses Microsoft word for both his professional as well as personal work. This tool has automatic spell checking features, track changes, Find and replace features, etc. Apart from that, you can save the word document in different formats such as PDF, XPS, RTF, etc.
- Adobe Photoshop: Adobe Photoshop is a useful software that every freelance writer needs to uses. Adobe Photoshop is required for several purposes, for example, a freelance writer will need it to edit pictures, merge multiple images, create web page design, create ad banners, add some special effects on any work, and so on.
- Grammarly: You may be a good writer but if you do grammatical mistakes then all your efforts will go waste since your writing will not be acceptable. Apart from that, it creates a very bad impression on you and your writing. As a writer, you always have to provide an error-free document to your client. That is the reason why it is highly necessary to use an automatic tool that will detect grammatical errors in the document. Grammarly is such a free grammar checking tool that is used across the world and it is the favorite choice of all professional technical and non-technical writers for checking grammar and spelling mistakes in the document.
- SentenceCheckUp.com: This is another excellent software that is highly used by the freelance writer to check punctuation and any silly grammatical errors online. With the help of this software, you can do a sentence check for “run-on sentence and can do fragment check”. Thus it can help a freelance writer to eliminate all types of grammatical errors. This is how it will be able to improve the various writing style of the writer.
- Notepad/Notepad+++: Notepad is yet another excellent software for freelance writers. Notepad is a default text editor and it comes with Windows. This software is suitable in such writing where rich formatting is not required. Notepad does not have rich formatting capabilities. Nowadays you will get an advanced version of Notepad called Notepad +++ which can support more multiple languages. Again, with the help of Notepad +++ it becomes possible to check to spell as well as it also comes up with found and replaced features.
- Google Doc: Google Doc is another most essential resource for a freelance writer. Google Doc is free and multi-collaboration software and the best thing is that this software is available as a part of Google Drive. In Google Docs there are three options – editing, suggesting, and viewing. With the help of this software, freelance writers can easily work in a team. Apart from that, with the help of this tool, multiple users can collaborate and curate the content together on any specific topic. This software can also be used to edit the document in the run time.
- PaperRater: Another best online tool that every freelance writer can use is PaperRater. This software not only provides editing and proofreading services, but it also rates your writing based on your overall work for example vocabulary, word choice, style, etc. Apart from that, this software provides you several suggestions for improving your writing. Thus, this excellent software helps freelance writers for analyzing their writings as well as for ensuring 100% error-free work. With the help of this online software, writers will also be able to track their progress. Thus by using this software a freelance writer can improve their writing skills day by day.
- Snipping tool: As a freelance writer you may sometimes need to add screenshots of anything. Screenshots play a very essential role as it can help the readers to understand the thing in a better way. You may get a number of screenshot software in the market but all kinds of software will not give you the right resolution. The snipping tool is an excellent screenshot software with the help of which you will be able to capture a screenshot with the correct resolution. The best thing is that it comes up with Windows by default. With the help of this tool, you will also be able to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
Apart from the above-mentioned software, there are many other tools available in the market but these tools are very common and considered to be the best for a freelance writer. This software is highly used by freelance writers since these are the tools that can help them for improving their writing and also assist them in getting error-free documents. The more a freelance writer will use this software the will polish will be their writing.