You’ve swiped right on someone promising. You find their photos attractive, and the bio they wrote is engaging. As you start planning what you’ll say to them in your next chat, it hits you: They haven’t matched with you back yet! But nothing happens? Were you unmatched? How can you know that?
Getting Unmatched on Tinder
So, how can you be sure that someone unmatched you on Tinder? If the person has unmatched you, there will be a red “X” on the profile photo.
If there’s no “X”, it means that they either haven’t seen your profile yet or they’re still considering matching with you. It may seem like an obvious mistake, but it’s possible – for example, you might have swiped right too fast without paying enough attention to the match.
Don’t get discouraged if someone unmatched you! Check out these tips to know what went wrong and try again:
- What was your conversation starter? Maybe something in your chat turned them off?
- Have they seen your profile before? They might be unmatching you because the app is buggy and keeps showing people profiles that they already saw or because of a network issue that makes them think that you unmatched them! If this happens, encourage them to log out and then log back in – sometimes bugs can be fixed by logging in/out.
- Do they have a very low match rate? It’s possible that they unmatched you because they don’t want to date anyone right now.
- Did you use offensive language? If so, it’s likely that they unmatched you because of it.
- Are they inactive on the app? Maybe they unmatched you because they’re not interested in using Tinder right now.
- Do their photos look too good to be true? It’s possible that someone is using someone else’s photos and unmatched you when they found out.
- Did your conversation last too long? If it did, it’s possible that the other person got bored ran out of things to say.
- Do they live too far away? If the person lives very far away, it’s possible that they unmatched you because of the distance.
- Did they unmatch you by accident? It’s possible that they unmatched you because they hit the wrong button or their phone glitched.
- Finally, if all else fails, it’s possible that you just weren’t their type! Don’t get too discouraged – keep trying and you’ll find someone who is interested in you.
Why You Got Unmatched
Tinder has quickly become one of the most popular dating apps available. However, it can be frustrating when someone unmatched you without any warning. Fortunately, there are a few things that you can do to try and figure out why it happened.
First, take a look at your conversation starter. Maybe something you said turned them off? Next, check to see if they’ve seen your profile before.
If they have, but unmatched you anyway, it might be because of a network issue that’s causing the app to show them your profile twice. Alternatively, they may not be interested in dating right now.
If the person has a very low match rate, it’s possible that they unmatched you because they’re not interested in meeting anyone right now.
Additionally, if you used offensive language or their photos looked too good to be true, it’s likely that they unmatched you because of it. Finally, if the conversation lasted too long or the person lives very far away, it’s possible that they unmatched you because of the distance.
If all else fails, it’s possible that the person just wasn’t your type! Keep trying and you’ll find someone who is interested in you.
How to stay safe on Tinder
Although Tinder is a fun and convenient way to meet new people, it’s important to stay safe while using the app. Keep these tips in mind to keep yourself protected!
- Always match with people you know or have mutual friends with. If you know them, they are less likely to scam you since they’ve already been vouched for!
- Meet up in public places during the daytime and take someone along with you until you get to know and trust your date more (or vice versa). It’s easier if your friend knows where you’re meeting and what time too.
- Try not to bring your private information onto the app or into your initial conversation – especially photos of ID cards, documents, etc.
- If something feels off, trust your gut and end the conversation. There’s no need to be rude about it, just say that you’re not interested and move on.
- Keep your app updated with the latest security features. This will help protect you from potential scammers and hackers.
- Use a strong password that isn’t easily guessed and change it often.
- If you ever feel like you’re in danger, please contact the police or a trusted friend immediately.
- Finally, have fun! Tinder is a great way to meet new people, but always remember to stay safe while doing so!
Although it can be frustrating when someone unmatched you without any warning, there are a few things that you can do to try and figure out why it happened.
By taking a look at your conversation starter, checking to see if they’ve seen your profile before, and considering why the person might have unmatched you, you can get a little closer to an answer.
If all else fails, remember that it’s possible that the person just wasn’t your type! Keep trying and you’ll find someone who is interested in you.
So do your best, be nice, be open, and watch what you are talking. With that, your chances should increase, and make sure you have a nice picture.