These Root Methods are applied to All the Samsung Galaxy S20 Phones (S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra).
There are many ways to Root Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20 Plus. One of the proper ways to root this Phone is Using Magisk. Magisk is an almost correct way to root Samsung devices. We have previously root Samsung s10 plus, and in this guide, we mentioned three different ways to Root galaxy S10. Similarly, we have read features and specifications on the Samsung Galaxy S20 and conclude to read this smart device.
Samsung Galaxy S20 released in 2020 February, and there are many fans of Galaxy S20, and now they want to root their new smartphone. So no worries, We are going to jump on a very common question that is:
What is Samsung Galaxy S20 or S20 Plus Root Meaning?
This is a ubiquitous question, and in the mind of many users that what is a root and why they should root their Galaxy S20 plus Phone. We are answering this to a newbie if you already know what is root? Then skip this section and move below to root your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.
Root means you give specific permission to users and take control of the device operating system. The root process can be done on a smartphone and even a tablet. You can modify different applications and get the administrator control of the smartphone.
Below we are going to discuss some pros and cons of root galaxy S20 ultra, s20 plus.
Advantages of Rooting Samsung S20 Plus
There are many advantages and disadvantages of Rooting Galaxy S20 Plus. Almost all the pros are the same as discussed in the galaxy S10 root.
Disadvantages of Rooting Galaxy S20 Plus
Whenever there are pros, then of course cons too. Here are some of the Cons of Rooting:
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Without PC?
We do not jump to the magisk way because it requires PC. Now first, we will move on to those methods to root S20, which does not require any PC or desktop.
SuperSu and KingRoot are the ways that help your Phone to Root without any damage or removing device files.
There are a few essential points that are necessary to do before root.
3 Important Points You Should do Before Rooting Samsung Galaxy S20, 20 Plus Or Ultra
- You need to charge your Samsung Galaxy S20 Fully. Or make sure it should charge at least 80% because sometimes the process goes long and consume battery.
- Unlock Bootloader is necessary whenever you are going to Root your Samsung Galaxy S20. Here is the way, you can follow: How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.
- Install TWRP Recovery on the S20 device. Here you can follow: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S20.
Make sure you have followed all the above three instructions correctly. In case of any damage or you forget any step and your Galaxy S20 goes down. ComputerInspire is not responsible for any damage.
Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus with SuperSU – Method#1
SuperSu is a straightforward method and makes sure you follow all the steps carefully.
- First of all, you have to download SuperSu Zip File in your Galaxy S20 or S20 Plus.
- Download the file and save it in the internal memory of the device.
- You can download it on PC and then move the file from PC to Samsung S20.
- Now Boot Your Galaxy S20 Plus into TWRP Recovery mode. This step is necessary and help you to boot your Phone. We are now assuming that you have come into the TWRP Recovery mode far.
- In this TWRP Mode, there are few options available.
- “Tab on Install” or “Flash”
- Click on “Tab on Install,” choose the Zip File; you have downloaded before.
- Once you select the file, click on Confirm Flash.
- Reboot Your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Now.
Now we will move to our next method, which is using KingRoot.
Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus with KingRoot – Method#2
KingRoot is the popular method to Root Android devices like Huawei, Oppo, LG, and you can also Root Samsung S20 with KingRoot. Before move on, let’s define what KingRoot is?
KingRoot is Android Application due to security reasons, and the app is not available on the play store. But the App file is available on the official website, which you can download in your Galaxy S20 and Install the App.
Are you worry about the Installation of this App? No need to Worry. The app is secure and safe to use in Samsung devices.
Follow the steps carefully:
- We hope that you have to download and install the KingRoot.
- Open the Application, and you will see “No Root Permission” on the Samsung Galaxy S20 screen.
- Click on “No Root Permission.”
- It will take a few minutes, and your Phone will start rooting.
- Follow steps on the screen and once done. Just Reboot your Galaxy S20 Plus manually.
Note: if you don’t make trust in KingRoot, we recommend that you should follow the below method, which is through the Magisk. It requires a PC.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus using Magisk – Method#3
This is our favorite method, to be honest, and usually, we use this way to root our Samsung devices. But this does not mean the above process doesn’t work. They work, but Magisk is somehow best because it does not remove any file from the system.
There is a complete guide for this method. We suggest that read the manual from here:
Recommended: How to Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus With Magisk
Our Final Thoughts
Again, we are advising you to follow the Magisk way. But if you are looking for the most natural way, then KingRoot is a cool way and modern way. You can read reviews on KingRoot on google as well. On the other side, the SuperSu method is also and root your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.