We are all aware of the fact that the internet era has changed our lives. We changed the way we get in touch with our friends and family, shop, get information.
Recently various telehealth tools are available to the public, and they make managing your health care much easier. One of these services is available on the yourdoctors.online website. Before trying out their services, here are some things you should know about it.
What exactly is telehealth?
Telehealth uses various digital information and communication technologies in order to provide patients from all over the world, great health care. Some of these technologies you probably use at home. Many doctors are fans of these technologies because they allow them to improve their services.
For example, here are some things telehealth can help patients with diabetes:
- First, they need to have a mobile phone or some similar device. They insert their food, medications, blood sugar levels.
- Then patients need to download an app that will inform them about the amount of insulin they need.
- Here they can make appointments or get in touch with doctors
- They are able to order prescription refills or testing supplies
- Patients receive various reminders about their shots or appointments
It is possible that your usual health care clinic has an online patient portal. Those are much better than emails since they are safer and more secure, so you don’t have to worry about your privacy. Here you can contact your doctor, request medication, take a look at test results, make appointments.
Some clinics offer their patients virtual appointments that are very useful. You can contact your specialist via online videoconferencing. This way, you can get great treatment without seeing your doctor in person. These services are meant mostly for minor illnesses. Certain big companies offer you access to virtual doctors’ offices.
After you log in, you will be asked lots of questions. After that, you can contacts nurses or doctors who will give you the best medical advice.
There are many technologies that doctors use in order to provide you with the best medical care.
- Various apps where they upload information
- Measuring devices such as ones for blood pressure, blood glucose levels or lung function
- Wearable devices for heart rate, blood glucose level, your physical activity
- Home monitoring devices mainly for older patients
Doctors sharing information and opinions
Doctors use technology in order to talk to other doctors from all over the world. They share their experiences and knowledge so they could provide their patients with the best medical care possible.
Personal health records
A PHR app keeps all the info about your health. It is available to you at all times. It is very useful during emergencies.
This technology is here to improve health care quality and make it available to everyone. This way, medical care will be more efficient, coordinated, and accessible.