Feeding your baby can be a task in its own right, and there are many things to be aware of when you’re taking care of your child!
In our active lives, convenience and practicality are things that all people should strive for. For this reason, investing in a baby bottle warmer and sterilizer could be a smart choice for parents!
Today, we will present some of the new machines in this field and explain the advantages of using this technology.
What is a Bottle Warmer and Sterilizer?
A baby bottle warmer and sterilizer is a machine that could heat milk for your baby, or it could sterilize items and clean them with a simple press of a button.
A heating element which is controlled by the mode you set the machine in, will heat up to various temperatures. You can use this to your advantage by heating your baby bottle in the middle of the night, or maybe using the higher temperature to clean your bottle and watch out not to melt it, which could happen if you’re using traditional methods.
With a device like this, you could save up time, and this task of taking care of the bottle and the milk could become much more manageable.
Types of Warmers
We have two types: Steam and Water Bath Warmers.
The first type uses steam to warm the bottle, and these are a bit faster than the water bath ones, but with these, you need to be careful. You can overheat your breast milk, which can degrade nutrients and make the poor-quality milk.
The second type uses a small pool of water in which you can submerge your bottle. These are a bit easier to handle as the temperature build-up is steadier and more controlled.
The temperatures that these devices are usually around 40°C or 100°F for the first heating mode and 100°C or 212°F for the sterilizing method.
These machines have a built-in temperature cap and won’t melt your bottle or create hot spots that could destroy the nutrients in the milk as a microwave could! But we do suggest always checking the fluid!
Types of Sterilizers
There are two types: Electric and Microwave Sterilizers.
The ones that will mention here are mostly electric, and these features are built in the machine. These machines usually use steam from the water, which is heated by electricity.
The second type, the microwave sterilizers are usually plastic containers or bags where you add a small amount of water. Then you microwave it for the amount set by the manufacturer.
To cut to the point, we will list some of our favorite pics and their specifications!
1. Baby Bottle Warmer & Bottle Sterilizer, Eccomum 2-in-1
It`s a device that is both a sterilizer and a warmer. Eccomum’s device has it all. A double bottle design, a smart thermostat, a steam sterilizer, an LCD, which shows the temperature and ultra-fast heating. Ecocomum also promises a lifetime warranty with a 180 return policy, for any reason. This product covers it all.
- One device used for multiple purposes 6 in 1
- Can also dry the bottles after sterilization
- Exact temperature control
- Heats a bottle to 99°F or 37° C in 4 minutes
- Some users report unclear instructions
2. Philips Avent Fast Baby Bottle Warmer, SCF355/00
This device boasts impressive working heat up time of just 2 to 3 minutes. And as stated, this is one of the most popular models which is designed to work with all Philips Avent bottles. A smooth looking design and the compact size could be a good sign for you.
- This device warms quickly and evenly, to prevent any hot spots in the milk
- Can be used for baby food also
- Has a defrosting option
- It will heat 5oz of milk in just three minutes
- A negative aspect is the absence of a timer or clock
- A no-stop option means you need to measure the time manually
- Some users report unclear instructions
3. Bubos Smart Fast Heating Baby Bottle Warmer
Bubos is an electric steam bottle warmer that should be compatible with all containers and food jars. This one comes with an automatic turn off the function, which is a positive thing about it. A simple machine that should get the job done!
- Smaller in size compared to other devices
- Affordable price
- Slick design and easy to use
- The cycle system, when you heat one bottle, you need to wait 15 minutes for a new one to avoid overheating
- The heating element can be hard to clean
4. Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
Philips Avent is one of the most recommended brands and lines of products for Mothers and their babies. With a sleek and modular design, you sterilize numerous jars and accessories. It will keep its content sterile for 24 hours if left unopened.
- Kills 99.9 % of bacteria and germs
- The cycle will finish in 6 minutes
- Automatic turn off
- Fits up to six Philips Avent eleven ounce bottles
- Some users report leakage
- You need to descale it often with vinegar or lemon juice if you’re using hard water
5. The First Years 2-in-1 Simple Serve Bottle Warmer
It is one of the more straightforward and compacter devices on the market. It will heat food jars, bottles, and sterilize items like pacifiers and nipples.
- Quick and compact
- One of the affordable options
- The measuring vial needs to be filled every time
- Some users report it gets dirty fast
- The On button is hard to press
6. Tommee Tippee 3 in 1 Advanced Bottle & Pouch Warmer
Tommee Tippee, a bottle and child care brand from the United Kingdom, is one of the reputable brands in this market. This device is a bottle and a pouch warmer, which will gently warm them or even defrost them. It has three sets of controls on which you can control precisely how something will get heated and from what state it will get warm.
- Sleek and modern design which is BPA free
- Can heat milk pouches safely
- Automatic timer based on the three controls and a thermostat
- Defrosting takes a bit more time
So, these tips can come handy when you need warm food or milk for your loved ones. We think that parents should embrace technology as it can make some tasks easier. This device will be very helpful to you. Standing in front of the stove to keep the right temperature, with a high risk of the pot slipping from your hand at 3 A.M. would be the worst option if this machine can be of great assistance!