To be short, you are here, which means you are either installing custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy A90, or you are trying to root Samsung Galaxy A90. We will not go into detail. We will cover the advantages of unlocking the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A90, and then we will check the methods to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A90.
There are two methods to unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A90. And the choice is yours how you want to unlock. The first method is without PC, and another method is With PC.
Don’t worry; we will go step by step and guide you properly.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A90
It simply means that if you want to unlock your Samsung Galaxy A90, then you are going to custom recoveries on your Phone. Means you will install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A90, or you will install CWM Recovery.
As well you may look for rooting your Android device if you want to root any Android device. Unlocking the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy or A90 is the first step you need to follow.
Advantages of Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A90
There are many advantages; here, we are writing the top 4 pros of Unlocking the bootloader on galaxy A90.
- You can easily root your Samsung A90 5G smartphone.
- It helps you to install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A90.
- You can easily install Custom ROMS on Samsung Phone.
- You will lose the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy A90 (This one is cons)
So go ahead and read both the methods.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy A90 (Without PC)? Method#1
First of all, you have to enable the Developer Options on Samsung Galaxy A90.
- Go to Settings of Samsung A90.
- Go to the About section of Galaxy A90.
- Tap 7 times on Build Number options in the About of your settings.
- Now Go to the Main settings page. Again.
- Find the Developer Options in the Settings of your Samsung A90.
- Open the developer options.
- Enable the OEM Unlock. You can use the Toggle button there to turn it on.
- That’s it. Enjoy the Unlocking bootloader on A90.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy A90 (ADB and FastBoot)? Method#2
To be short, you have to use the PC to unlock the bootloader using the ADB and FastBoot. But the method is a little complicated. You have to follow each step carefully. Computerinspire is not responsible if you observe anything wrong.
- Enable the OEM Unlock on Samsung Galaxy A90 (see above method). We hope that you have followed method 1 and enable the OEM Unlock.
- Go to the Developer Options in your Samsung A90 Phone Settings. Enable the USB Debugging.
- Download and Install the ADB and FastBoot on Windows. Don’t know how to do?
Read Complete Guide Below:
How to Download & Install ADB & FastBoot on Windows
- I hope you have done with the installation of ADB and FastBoot.
- Connect Your Phone with the PC using the Original USB Cable.
- Go to the folder where you have to install the ADB and FastBoot. (Go to Windows Installation and search for ADB. You will find the ADB installation folder. If you already know then great.)
- You will see the window, as seen below.
- In the Folder Press Shift key + Right Mouse Button. It will open the command prompt. Please see the below image.
- Now hope command prompt has opened.
Type the Commands:
Type this command; you may see the popup on your phone to allow USB Debugging. Click on the OK option from a phone.
Now type this command
Your phone will reboot into bootloader and you will see FastBoot mode. You have to use volume keys for navigations there. Your phone will show bootloader locked. Then type below command
After this command, it will show all the connected devices. Your phone will also display and then enter the below command.
Note: If you can not see your phone, then make sure all the drivers are properly installed. Go and install all the USB debugging drivers correctly.
Type this command if you see your phone under the list of fastboot devices.
After this command, enter the below command
After this command, you will have option to Unlock Bootloader on your phone. Use Volume down and Up key to Navigate to Yes and then power button to select yes. Wait for few minutes while process is going on.
Your phone will reboot and wait for few seconds until your phone starts again. Enjoy!
Final Words About Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A90
Congrats, you have successfully, done and now you can go back to the root article and install TWRP and then root your Samsung A90 completely. If you have any confusion, let us know in the comment section.